lowes pellets same as energex?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morsnow

Oct 17, 2009
central maine
not sure what kind of pellets to burn. Id like to buy from lowes in brewer because I have a 10percent coupon. they carry penningtons and natures something from premier pellet corp. I have heard mixed things, I can also buy local corinth pellets but havent heard anything good. The claim at lowes the premier pellet corp is the same as energex, which I hear are a good pellet, does anyone know?

harman xxv
miss my old castine, but hope I wont miss it after a few tons.

Just my personal opinion... Last year I burned Pennington, Athens, and Energex. From my experience, I wouldn't burn the Pennington's again....

I just bought a on of the Premiers. They have the outward appearence of Energex, and that is what the store clerk indicated. When she looked up all the future deliveries to the store, the computer indicated Energex. We'll see.

I purchased a few bags of Pennington pellets a Lowes not long ago, and I have only burned one bag, that bag burned well, with little ash and they look like a clean pellet. If I were you, I would pick up a couple bags of your choice and see which one you like the best. It is way better to try a couple of brands than to buy a ton and not be happy with that brand. Pennington Pellets don't rate too well on this board, so I was a little bit surprised that I had good luck with the bag I have burned, so maybe they have gotten it right this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.