New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Lowes price increases

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keep-in warm

Feb 17, 2009
Lowell, MA
Wow...Ouch +16%
$ 5.58 for the poor man pellets or 268 / ton
$ 6.98 for Greene Team or 335/ ton

MA / NH border.

Last edited:
They just pulled the same crap in Concord 268 a ton Green Supreme,I was in there on Tuesday and quoted 239-you have to call EVERY day and see if the truck came in-what a system!

Rochester NH store same, but said there is no discount on team Green... 349..
They do not expect to fill any new orders before the end of November, they are
-200 tons on the Supremes.

home depot is still selling them at 239. if you have both a HD and a lowes credit card and you ask at HD you should be able to get 5% off.
hope this helps.

I GOT OKIES GOLD IN SPRING TIME FOR $289., WORTH $20 bucks more than the big box store at best mediocre pellets

I GOT OKIES GOLD IN SPRING TIME FOR $289., WORTH $20 bucks more than the big box store at best mediocre pellets

Kind of off topic, but where around here did you find a Palazzetti dealer and who installed it? Very attractive stove, but I still LOVE my Harman. I would like to see a European styled stove first hand though.

Wow...Ouch +16%

MA / NH border.
ok i know im in maine hd bangor 219 a ton athens 219 a ton stove chow and yuppers lowes same price as u posted i was surprised

Ridiculous increase. They are gouging us. Up almost 17% from one season. Typical Lowes. Just bought a ton of Chow from Home Depot.

Kind of off topic, but where around here did you find a Palazzetti dealer and who installed it? Very attractive stove, but I still LOVE my Harman. I would like to see a European styled stove first hand though.
I purchased new on ebay and self installed. Over 5000 hours on it and still going strong. Very efficient. The Palazzetti distributed is in Massachusetts, I have contact info. I buy replacement parts from Maine stove shop and get parts in two days. I believe there is a dealer in Albany, NY

Wow...Ouch +16%

Wow, glad I got my 3 tons from www.woodpellets.com delivered over the summer. I got 1.5 tons of LG and 1.5 tons of Cleanfire Pacific Softwood. With delivery it averaged $298 a ton. :)

I just loaded the 2nd bag of LGs this morning. LGs are extremely clean. The first time getting the LGs and I am very happy with the extremely low ash in the first bag. The Cleanfire Pacfic Softwood I burned last year and they are the cleanest lowest ash I have ever burned. LG looks like they are going to match the low ash contents of the Cleanfire Pacific.

They'll charge what they can... National Grid here in Worcester County just had a 37% price increase approved by Mass DPU, natural gas is up because of stressed capacity in the Tennessee and Algonquin pipeline, propane, well, just forget it....wonder if oil prices will keep coming down?....around $3.15/ gal last I saw

[quote="BobMA, post: 1781115, member: 36582"....around $3.15/ gal last I saw [/quote]

My supplier was quoting $2.98/gal on NET10...

[quote="BobMA, post: 1781115, member: 36582"....around $3.15/ gal last I saw

My supplier was quoting $2.98/gal on NET10...[/quote]
Probably so, wouldn't surprise me, I haven't followed real close since I topped my tank off in August at 3.40ish... That was a mistake.....such is life....my first year with a pellet stove, figures I'd go through the expense and oil would go soft but I do like the idea of a renewable source instead of fossil

In addition to the price increase, appears Lowes is no longer offering a discount if you buy by the ton; the website no longer applies the discount. Just keeps getting better.

My supplier was quoting $2.98/gal on NET10...
but I do like the idea of a renewable source instead of fossil[/quote]

Oil is renewable, it's just that it takes longer to regenerate. That, and you and I have to die, liquefy, and blend in some swamp with leaves and crap before they slap a #2 on us.

Reactions: BrotherBart
The interesting one this year is that oil is gonna be cheaper while natural gas, electricity and pellets are headed up for the season.

Wow, glad I got my 3 tons from www.woodpellets.com delivered over the summer. I got 1.5 tons of LG and 1.5 tons of Cleanfire Pacific Softwood. With delivery it averaged $298 a ton. :)

I just loaded the 2nd bag of LGs this morning. LGs are extremely clean. The first time getting the LGs and I am very happy with the extremely low ash in the first bag. The Cleanfire Pacfic Softwood I burned last year and they are the cleanest lowest ash I have ever burned. LG looks like they are going to match the low ash contents of the Cleanfire Pacific.
I used both last season. The LG's are a bit more on the ash side than the Cleanfire Pacific. The LG's also put out 20 degrees less heat but still a good all around pellet!

In addition to the price increase, appears Lowes is no longer offering a discount if you buy by the ton; the website no longer applies the discount. Just keeps getting better.

I did get the 5% discount in Concord and they claimed if I could find it cheaper they would price match (?)

Here the discount was still on for Green Supreme. Not the Team Green...

I did get the 5% discount in Concord and they claimed if I could find it cheaper they would price match (?)
For some reason, the website no longer applies the discount when you add 50 to your shopping cart, and also the little note about a "by the ton" discount is no longer there either. Glad to hear they are still doing it if you buy in store though.

For some reason, the website no longer applies the discount when you add 50 to your shopping cart, and also the little note about a "by the ton" discount is no longer there either. Glad to hear they are still doing it if you buy in store though.

I did it over the phone,Concord would not take orders and required that you call-twice a day, to see if there was a delivery.They did the 5% over the phone-and then added back the delivery(for me $75 !)

From what I have been reading-and seeing in my oil stock prices,I think we will be reaching a price point were oil is cheaper and it might be for a good while-couple years.

glad I got my sets early in the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrr211
I wish I was looking for Somersets for the past 2 months with no luck. I have a mix of about 2 3/4 tons now. These were the first I paid of over $5 per bag. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.