New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Lowes, Rochester NH new price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
where did you find the Doug fir for that price and what brand ?

Wow. Lowes must be hoping that all pellet newbies will be flocking in when the colder weather comes in.

In South Nashua Lowes prices are nuts. They have Green Supreme and several others for $299 and one brand sells for $349. The Lowes in Bedford prices were $50 cheaper a few weeks ago but I haven't been there lately.

In South Nashua Lowes prices are nuts. They have Green Supreme and several others for $299 and one brand sells for $349. The Lowes in Bedford prices were $50 cheaper a few weeks ago but I haven't been there lately.
Bedford is where I got my Pres-to's at. I may have to wonder over there and see what their prices are doing. I need to walk during lunch anyway, so could make that my destination.

5.98/bag for most of the Bedford Lowes pellets. Don't have the ton price or discount on the signs, so may not be any (usually they show the discount price or %). Green Teams were over $6.50/bag.

Reactions: Pete Zahria
5.98/bag for most of the Bedford Lowes pellets. Don't have the ton price or discount on the signs, so may not be any (usually they show the discount price or %). Green Teams were over $6.50/bag.

Just don't know what they are thinking but I imagine if stock doesn't move, they either park it until next year or move it with price reductions late in the heating season. Luckily, there is enough stock elsewhere at better values.

Yeah, that $5.98 is higher than I paid for the Pres-to's, a the same store, by about 50 cents/per bag (prior to the discount for buying over 50 bags).

Just got off the phone with Lowes in Tilton, $299 a ton for Greene Supreme's,hung up and called Irving,they will be here Tuesday to fill the tank again-only $199. per gallon and no lifting or cleaning.

All Lowes stores are now $299 per ton with no discount on buying a ton. I am told due to costs and margin corporate wants full control over pricing so stores can't do anything about it. I understand margins are razor thin on pellets but nobody really makes money on pellets selling them even dealers

All Lowes stores are now $299 per ton with no discount on buying a ton. I am told due to costs and margin corporate wants full control over pricing so stores can't do anything about it. I understand margins are razor thin on pellets but nobody really makes money on pellets selling them even dealers

From Forbes:
It’s a good time to be in the American wood pellet business. Dozens of manufacturers, increasingly concentrated in the Southeast, are now approaching production of 10 million annual short tons of wood pellets — ostensibly made from the leftovers at lumber mills or from the branches, slash and other woody material found on the forest floor. Another 6 million short tons of capacity is now planned or under construction, according to industry data, making the U.S. the single largest wood pellet producer in the world.

To a large extent, these pellets will end up as fuel for massive municipal boilers in Europe, where wood is increasingly replacing coal as a means of producing heat and electricity — a move that many governments there consider comparatively clean and climate-friendly. Exports from the U.S., largely headed to E.U. nations, doubled between 2012 and 2013, jumping from 1.6 million short tons to 3.2 million short tons, according to federal statistics, with some industry speculators guessing that those numbers — nudged by tough emissions goals that European nations must meet in the next five years — could increase 10-fold by 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.