Lowest price on pellets this winter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daydreamer

Dec 7, 2008
East Central IL
What's the lowest price you've seen on pellets this winter? A couple of weeks ago I got some softwood pellets (Clean Burn) from my local Menards for $3.49 a bag that were on sale. Last year at this time the pellets were $6 a bag when I could find them.

O'Hara Fuel in central Maine is offering last years Maine Woods pellets for $150.00 a ton.

Many would not want them if they were free, but just saying . . . . . .

Ranger

$199 per ton for NEWP

Nature's Heat from WalMart @ $3.74 a bag. Me thinky no break on a ton which would be $187.00. Still, there might be a break but I didn't ask. Buy a bag and test burn, for me they seemed pretty good. Almost zero fines, way better than the few other brands I tried.

I have been buying pellets as the prices fall, other years(since I have been burning pellets) pellets were between $250-$289 a ton so these prices are really cheap.

2 Ton Lingnetics $229 a ton
4 Ton Michigan at $225 a ton
1 Ton American Wood Fiber $215 a ton

Uncle Jed's softwood $197.00 /ton (Buyers Club Price... (cost's $30.00 per year... you get a 'discount" on pellets, 30& off parts, discount on cleaning, etc.).

Rocky's $220.00/ton from a local pellet-only dealer.

219 for the okanagans
in mass/taxachusetts

I bought some Indeck pellets at Menards for $3.97 a bag, a hardwood, 2 tons of Wood Fibers Inc. for $3.90 a bag at 41 Lumber in Marquette, MI near here,( Only $15 delivery charge), also a hardwood. The Indeck pellets kept the glass clean and gave good heat. The Wood Fibers, Inc. had a little less ash. I burn 2 bags per day in the sub 15 degree days, maybe more, so I am looking for a good price to add to my 2 tons left to get through my
first winter with a pellet stove for the primary heat.

Woodpellets.com has a $209.00 per ton for the second ton when you purchase the first skid ( 1.5 tons) for a higher per ton price.

Bottom line: Granules LG, for my zip code, would be an average price of $239.90 a ton ( plus delivery)when purchasing a minimum of three tons ( to get that price breal).

I paid $259.90 a ton ( with free delivery ) for my "Early Buy" last January for an April delivery. Not complaining as I was able to deal with storage during nice weather and the free delivery certainly helped the overall price. . . . . . .

Ranger

countk said:
SXIPro said:
$199 per ton for NEWP

SXIPro where can you buy the NEWP for $199, I would be very interested!

It was a one day sale at Acton Wood Pellets/Pro-Tech Energy.

Email [email protected] for current prices. Great folks over there.

jtakeman said:
westcafe said:
iceman said:
219 for the okanagans
in mass/taxachusetts
Where in Taxachusetts did you get your okies? Love mine and looking to get more.

Squier Lumber and Hardware 413-267-5542 Monson $219/ton Heck of a deal in NE anyway.
Thats where I got mine and they were great! Does anyone know if they still have them? I will try and call tomorrow.

westcafe said:
jtakeman said:
westcafe said:
iceman said:
219 for the okanagans
in mass/taxachusetts
Where in Taxachusetts did you get your okies? Love mine and looking to get more.

Squier Lumber and Hardware 413-267-5542 Monson $219/ton Heck of a deal in NE anyway.
Thats where I got mine and they were great! Does anyone know if they still have them? I will try and call tomorrow.

iceman just got some, But I would hurry and call them. They are going quick!

BTU said:
jtakeman said:
westcafe said:
jtakeman said:
westcafe said:
iceman" date="1262503044 said:
219 for the okanagans
in mass/taxachusetts

iceman just got some, But I would hurry and call them. They are going quick!

Call today....They are open 7 days a week..!!

Thanks for the tip BTU. I couldn't use it because I don't have any room(buying to many test brands and not burning my own stock) and its a far travel. But like a good piggy I did share the tip.

Squier okies Why so cheap? and is there tax in mass for pellets?, Ct has no tax.
somebody here that bought them there tell me how they are...fines?, last yr's?

Pellet-King said:
Squier okies Why so cheap? and is there tax in mass for pellets?, Ct has no tax.

Well if conditions there are like they are around here they have an overstock and the current marketing season is Valentines/St. Patrick's/Easter/spring planting and in another month it will be back to school. Boy, doesn't summer go by fast ;-).

Pellet-King said:

no, there is no tax on pellets in Taxachusetts....yet, but Devil Patrick's motto "together we can" might change that........as for fines, theres a few folks who bought them here, I guess they might chime in....soon.

Here is the link for the first post:

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/46508/

I think it better explains why they are so cheap........

- Jusy an FYI, BJ's in 02703 has them for 4.99/bag = 249 p/ton. Not as cheap but....

For those of you in Western mass, The Albany BJs also has them for 4.99 per bag. I grabbed 10 there when I caught site of them (not sure how many they have)

Running a mix of Green team and Winter Warmth when outside temp is above 15*F and using Okies for any time it is below 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.