lube issue on cheap McCulloch chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a cheap McCulloch electric chainsaw I use for limbing small stuff and bucking small branches (kindling size) to length. I have lost the manual during my last move, and I can't find it online, and the Aussie "distributor" is AWOL.

The only thing wrong with it is the oil/lube isn't getting from the tank onto the bar/chain. I have cleaned out the lube hole in the bar and cleaned the bar and saw but it doesn't come through. Can anyone help with some advice on what to look for and try or perchance a manual link? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a pluged hose since you don't mention any evidence of oil leaking out elsewhere around the saw. Empty the oil resivour and leave the cap off, disasemble the bar/chain group. locate the oil port where it exits on the bar and force some compressed air threw that hole back up through the resivour. Finally rinse out the oil res with some gas to clean it out...that should do it Apprentice.

Status
Not open for further replies.