Lubrication oil made just for pellet stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Do these claims here ring true?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PELLET-STOV...400-WHITFIELD-ENVIRO-/160953769352#vi-content
or
http://www.pellet-stove-parts-4less.com/Anderol_465_Synthetic_Bearing_Oil_PP5400_p/pp5400.htm

ITEM:
2 Fluid Ounces of ANDEROL 465 Synthetic Bearing Oil, in a reclosable dropper bottle
APPLICATION:This synthetic oil is required by FASCO for lubricating the bearings on many of their motors used on pellet stoves. To see if you need this type of oil for your pellet stove motor, look on the motor. If it requires it, it will typically say,"Oil every six months with Anderol 465" (or L465). FASCO advises to not use any other type of oil on their high temperature service motors, such as paraffin based "paraffinic" oils and "Napthenic" based oils. Some of the more common names of those types not recommended would include: Mineral oils, Penetrating Oils, Zoom Spout Oil™, WD-40™, 3 in 1 oil™, Mystery Oil™, Gunk™, Liquid Wrench™, and many others.

Some FASCO motors have sealed ball bearings and do not require oil.

Required by Fasco for all of their high service temperature motors that have oil port. But good for all types of pellet and wood stove parts. The use of petroleum based oils may cause premature bearing failure on your motors. This is not a petroleum based oil so this meets that standard.

FASCO as most motor manufacturers at least in all the products of their ive seen which have oil-able bearings ask for "20 wt" essentially "light machine oil" i have no idea what the stuff in the link is

FASCO as most motor manufacturers at least in all the products of their ive seen which have oil-able bearings ask for "20 wt" essentially "light machine oil" i have no idea what the stuff in the link is

X2 Mike
If that stuff is synthetic oil, it really is not good to mix it what is already on or in the motor.

Wow, I think I'll buy a few cases of Mobil 1 and repackage it as "Anderol 4000"!
"Buy only my oil, it's the only thing that will work! Using other oils will cause your bearings to wear out!"
Doesn't matter that they'll wear out at the same rate as they would otherwise.

But seriously... I worked under some really great Master Mechanics and they always swore that the best oil for high-speed items like air turbines and such was Marvel Mystery. We never did have to rebuild any of our air tools for all the time I was there.

And according to those guys, you CAN mix synthetic and dino oils. Waitasecond... I saw something... Ah, here on Valvoline's website:
Mixing synthetic and conventional oils will not cause any problems. The oils are compatible with each other.

Big fan of Kroll Oil. Used one application on the mechanical parts/joints for my burn pot bottom plate and ran smoooooth and easy ALL winter.

Wow, I think I'll buy a few cases of Mobil 1 and repackage it as "Anderol 4000"!
"Buy only my oil, it's the only thing that will work! Using other oils will cause your bearings to wear out!"
Doesn't matter that they'll wear out at the same rate as they would otherwise.

But seriously... I worked under some really great Master Mechanics and they always swore that the best oil for high-speed items like air turbines and such was Marvel Mystery. We never did have to rebuild any of our air tools for all the time I was there.

And according to those guys, you CAN mix synthetic and dino oils. Waitasecond... I saw something... Ah, here on Valvoline's website:

Maybe for Valvoline's formulation, but this is NOT true for all synthetic bases. PAG, PAO, esters, etc. all have different compatibility with Dino oils.

About a hundred years of reading here.

http://www.machinerylubrication.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.