Lucky to find stuff this dry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FaithfulWoodsman

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2015
Geographic Center of Ohio
I've had my eye on a few cherries in a new field I got perm to cut dead standing. I was hoping they would be in the low 20's and I could give them at least a few weeks under the shed to get me through, but I was stoked to find it bone dry. Little bit of punk, but most of it is in the middle teens. Deff will be going back next week. Glad I can start mixing it in now.

Attachments

• IMG_20160213_155606.jpg
    IMG_20160213_155606.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 213
Nice haul. I burn a lot of black cherry.

Reactions: FaithfulWoodsman
Great grab haven't burned cherry for some time now but it is a great wood.

Get that wood up to room temp, resplit and test for moisture, those meters give false readings when the splits are cold.
Yeah I'm sure I'll get some diff readings, but honestly I didn't even need to test them to tell its dry. Even the biggest splits feel super light and ring like a bell when tapped. Knowing how measley even rounds dry, these must have been dead for at least a couple years or more to lose that much water.

I am at the end of my stacks and have a load or 2 full of black cherry. Love it burns great. Good score....

Status
Not open for further replies.