Lumber Jack pellets, anyone try these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
packerfan,
I have tried Lumberjack pellets and they burn horrible. The flame and heat output is minimable. They were the cheapest pellet on the pre-buy program this spring...1 ton @$199, so I kept my distance(some guys would jump on this deal but not I). They are made in Hayward, WI and consist of a softwood blend. They may burn well in your stove but didn't prove in mine.

Harmaniac

Packerfan

If you want to try a bag I will give one. About 2 - 3 times a month I am in the GreenBay area let me know. Those pellets that were for $199 might have been the standard pellets. The are low heat and high ash. They are ment for pellet furnace burners and stoves that are not picky on what you burn. Lumber Jack makes a Premium Wood pellet the is a 50/50 blend. They just redid a new blend this summer and it has a lower ash content then before. I wish they only made the premium ones the standard ones are givng them a bad name. You just get what you pay for. Dealers that are selling them should state if they are Standard or Premium it does make a big difference.

Jeff

We have been burning them in our showroom with no problems. Good heat.Low ash,not much dust.They are made of full round pulp logs so they recipe stays the same from batch to batch.Premium pellets are the only way to go.They only cost $10.00 more a ton then standard grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.