Lunch Hour Scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
I just couldn't help myself when I saw this at our local landscape dump. It comes and goes fast there, so I spent my lunch hour getting this load.

Attachments

• Lunch Scrounge edit.jpg
    Lunch Scrounge edit.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 475
Good score...I think I would be driving by there frequently!

Better than any working lunch stuck behind a desk ;-)

Nice to score on lunch break!

I thought you were going to post about the twinkie you saved from the office garbage can......Nice Score!! Nice to burn calories during lunch rather than build 'em up! Cheers!

I haven't had a good lunch time score since I was in college! :)

Nice score. Worth stopping by frequently.

On a similar note, I'm trying to get my local recycling center to sort the logs before they grind everything. We have a central center and folks drop off their grass, leave, branches and the town process it all in a tub grinder and makes mulch. The mulch is free.

So far no progress on asking them to make a separate pile. They have reg sched hours which make scrounging hit or miss. Every year I pull out a bedfull of firewood of folks that just throw out.

Flatbedford said:

Ohhh............................................................................................ Sad, sad, sad.

Nice find chief.

Backwoods Savage said:
Flatbedford said:

Ohhh............................................................................................ Sad, sad, sad.

Maybe it is easier for you retired folk?

Have you ever shot pool using a rope?

Sorry. :bug:

:lol: :lol:

maxed_out said:
Nice score. Worth stopping by frequently.

On a similar note, I'm trying to get my local recycling center to sort the logs before they grind everything. We have a central center and folks drop off their grass, leave, branches and the town process it all in a tub grinder and makes mulch. The mulch is free.

So far no progress on asking them to make a separate pile. They have reg sched hours which make scrounging hit or miss. Every year I pull out a bedfull of firewood of folks that just throw out.
Thanks. My son's city's landscape facility is worse. They take trees from tree pruning and cutting businesses and there do the same thing. You can have fire wood from it but you can't use a chain saw. So, there is a lot he can't get because it is just to big. To bad cause there is a lot of it! Really seems a shame.

tfdchief said:
You can have fire wood from it but you can't use a chain saw.

That's what traditional 2 man crosscut logsaws are for.......... ;-)

woodchip said:
tfdchief said:
You can have fire wood from it but you can't use a chain saw.

That's what traditional 2 man crosscut logsaws are for.......... ;-)
Good idea, I will pass that on.

I guess tuesday is lucky scrounge day my scrounging brother, good score. I was in a long time slump and got lucky today too.

tfdchief said:
weatherguy said:
I guess tuesday is lucky scrounge day my scrounging brother, good score. I was in a long time slump and got lucky today too.
Good deal! I love pictures?

I started a thread, heres what I picked up so far, theres much more still to be picked up

IMG_0695.jpg

tfdchief said:
That is some good looking stuff. Looks like white ash, and straight. Ought to split easy.

Need to get a fiskars

Weatherguy, that stuff will split with any old axe.

Backwoods Savage said:
Weatherguy, that stuff will split with any old axe.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.