Lurker turned member - New stove Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a worthy endeavor! ::-)

Reactions: Treacherous
That is a good looking hearth. Keep us updated with pics when you get the stove installed.

Reactions: JStone
That is a good looking hearth. Keep us updated with pics when you get the stove installed.
Thanks! I definitely will. The owner of the store will be here Friday to measure and look everything over and give me a quote for the whole thing. Probably get it this weekend if all goes well and install the chimney.

If you've got any ICC metal roof flashing questions, let me know. I'd be glad to help. Whatever you do, don't use a silicone boot!

If you've got any ICC metal roof flashing questions, let me know. I'd be glad to help. Whatever you do, don't use a silicone boot!
Webby I do have a few questions for you about the ICC. I'll put them together a s shoot them out to you. Appreciate it very much. Why is my great experience with this wood stove shop telling me the boot is the way to go? To me the ICC makes the most sense. If they're wrong about the boot flashing, maybe they're not the quality shop they appear to be. They have helped me out so much. Drawing diagrams for my self chimney install etc.

It's easier and cheaper, that's the only reason.

It will provide you with almost nonstop maintenance that's for sure.

Yeah it defiantly seems easier to install. And i see the boots from my flashing for my kitchen and bathroom. They should probably be redone by now. The ICC will look better, much better. I'll shoot you a message tomorrow with a few questions or post here in case others had similar questions can't wait to get this thing done. Leaves are already falling!

That hearth will make any stove look good, nice work JStone !

One of the biggest issues is that the silicone boots offer no support at all. So a roof brace kit really should be used on every install. That is unnecessary most of the time and its hideous!

Hey, my roof brace resents that comment. It is rather noble and purposeful looking to me.

Hey, my roof brace resents that comment. It is rather noble and purposeful looking to me.
Ya, but only 4' out of a 5/12 and a brace kit, it's not so noble looking. With the boot it'll be flopping around every time the wind blows!

OK, my 8 ft stack forgives you.

Last edited:
From what I hear Lopi is a very good/solid stove. Almost got one myself but the nearest dealer was not so near and I was really impressed by the enviro dealer/knowledge/location/price/and product ratings. So much that I decided to pull the trigger on the Kodiak 1700. Also from upstate NY and last winter kicked our butts a bit.

Oh ya? I'm just north of Oneida Lake. Where are you located? Yeah last year was rough in deed. Barely and apples on my trees this year. Last year I was raking them I had so many!

Get the stove you want. Not that $550 is chump change - at least not for me it isn't but if it wont break you I promise it wont be missed down the road when you are happy and warm.

Very Nice Hearth!!

Called and called around for seasoned wood. I have about 4 full cords around mc 25% and wanted to find some seasoned wood for sale in my area. Everyone advertises as "seasoned". Brining what I learned here to the conversations, I find out like many of you, that its been " seasoned" in log length and cut to order. When I ask the mc most don't know and say "its dry been seasoning for 1 year, 2 year 3 year etc. Not sure how you can sell seasoned firewood if you don't actually know its seasoned? I think about the ignorant (how I was not too long ago) and the potential danger they could be getting in to. I guess those people should do as we all did and self educate (another long topic I won't get into of the ignorance and lack of willing to learn in america today). Anyways I did score some BEAUTIFUL mixed hardwood actually seasoned for 2 years in a horse barn. They were selling because they switched to pellets. This wood is probably the most beautifully seasoned wood FOR SALE in my surrounding area. Checked the mc and its 14-16%! Mixture of ash,hard maple,beech,birch,cherry,apple,oak (a little bit of everything!) $275 for 5 face cords. There still are good people who are willing to help others. I saw the craigslist post at 25min since he posted, called and said I'll take it! I went over to his house about 30 min away and secured it with the payment and went back a few days later to get it. Now not only do I have 5 face cords of beautifully seasoned firewood I've made a connection and a friend!

New lopi stove being installed this morning. I'll post the results when its completed! Thanks again everyone for all your help!
f0e1e99d7dcc316e8856b69feb71dffd.jpg

Reactions: Owen1508
That's overflowing with pure beautiosity. My cousin & nephew burn Endeavors and both are very pleased. I think you'll be warm & happy. You've done a wonderful job, sit back and gaze at it and let your head swell a little. Rick

Last thing to do is install my wireless pyrometer in the DVL. I'm so happy this is all done and have plenty of dry firewood. ICC flashing worked out great! Thanks Webby and all who helped me through this process!

Really nice looking install JStone!

Ok . I'm a nervous person anyways. Installed the pyrometer with probe on the double wall pipe and I'm confused on the readings and what the safe zone is...
52e92e6895dd1e6ce6f9243f5e1d743f.jpg

71d181de846c6961ae7e3791625f5c53.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.