M55 Baffle Set Screws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m55fs

Oct 22, 2012
Parachute,CO
After using an AUSTROFLAAM INTEGRA for 19-20 years, I recently (2 weeks ago) purchased an m55.
I have a cautionary note- The top baffle fell,cast back released.....fortunately I was there as it happened. I had a few minutes before cleaned the stove-was able to shut it down-no probs. There are two set screws located top-back holding the top baffle in place. They have "collars" on them so they won't set too far- I removed the collars,and adjusted the screws-now the baffle is removable and stays in place. Initially, the baffle was not set as the set screws could not screw in far enough to hold the baffle. Yes, I have the baffle "right side up". With the collars, you could assume the baffle was placed-

I Loved the Integra- However,it required removing daily the ashes from the burn pot-when it's 25 below......

Initially it had some rather "interesting" new product problems. I've burned 3-4 tons per year for the last 19-20 years. The first few tons were (I really can't recall) but-by today's prices-cheap!
Paid here in Parachute CO (Morrisania Mesa) 120/ton-delivered.

I have a CHEAP CHARLIE in my garage- it's a pellet eater.

Nice to join the forum-

Certainly used your good info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.