M55 Cast FS Remote Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuznvin

Nov 5, 2011
Long Island
Hey all... Had to replace the batteries in the remote thermostat sensor plugged into the back of the stove. Now I cant remember if it had to be on "ON" or "Remote".. anyone have the same setup that can check their unit? Thanks!!

cuznvin said:
Hey all... Had to replace the batteries in the remote thermostat sensor plugged into the back of the stove. Now I cant remember if it had to be on "ON" or "Remote".. anyone have the same setup that can check their unit? Thanks!!

Don't tell us you lost the manual already?

SmokeyTheBear said:
cuznvin said:

I didnt.. It doesnt mention anything about the wireless remote thermostat...

What wireless remote do you have?

Enviro's? Skytech??

My Skytech has to be on Remote for the remote T-stat to work. When its "On" that fires the stove indefinitely. Will run until you turn it "Off" or to T-stat (if satisfied).

cuznvin said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
cuznvin said:

The wireless remote thermostat manual certainly does.

SmokeyTheBear said:
cuznvin said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
cuznvin said:

The wireless remote thermostat manual certainly does.

They didnt give me that manual

DexterDay said:
What wireless remote do you have?

Enviro's? Skytech??

My Skytech has to be on Remote for the remote T-stat to work. When its "On" that fires the stove indefinitely. Will run until you turn it "Off" or to T-stat (if satisfied).

I have Enviro's. I usually run it on Hi/Lo

The stat would still need to be on "Remote"??

The stove would be set to High/Low??

Thats how I would see it... Start the stove with it on "On" and let it go through start-up, then turn the stat down. If the stove dies, then it needs to be "On". If it goes into Maintenance/Pilot burn, then leave it.

My guess is Remote. When mine is set to "On" it stays on. I also had the Quad model remote t-stat until last year. It was the same way. Got the Skytech last year.

DexterDay said:

Thats how I would see it... Start the stove with it on "On" and let it go through start-up, then turn the stat down. If the stove dies, then it needs to be "On". If it goes into Maintenance/Pilot burn, then leave it.

My guess is Remote. When mine is set to "On" it stays on. I also had the Quad model remote t-stat until last year. It was the same way. Got the Skytech last year.

Thanks....

DexterDay said:

Which Skytech model are you using and why did you switch from the Enviro Model?

I switched from the Quad model to the Skytech because the Quads "receiver" broke.

So I got it replaced under warranty. I had to pay the $30 difference between the models. But it was well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.