M55 Cast Insert Snap Disk

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stove isn't starting and flashing an error code?

I take it, It's the POF you need to locate. Its down near the combustion blower. Sometimes ash insulates it so you need to remove and clean it.

Thanks JT... I don't know what I am talking about, but I had a guy come to clean my stove pipe (Afraid of heights...I know,Pu$$y) and much to my surprise, he cleaned the entire stove. He told wifey that everything was clean as a whistle except the snap disk was dirty. Never cleaned it because I don't know what or where it is located. Side note, The stove is working great, No codes or anything!

HTF can a snap disc get dirty?

If it really is a "Snap Disc", then he is full of malarkey (lol) !!

How does the Enviro "see" the fire. An "eye", a disc, etc?

I am off this weekend??? I like beer too? Just sayin.....

Reactions: Eatonpcat
If it was dirty it wouldn't start(stove will flash an error code). Usually it gets cleaned when you brush the exhaust housing(passage). Not sure on the cast, Haven't worked on one(yet).

Dex its a snap disc. 120ºF closes it and it will open at 90ºF to shut the stove down. 2 screws/2 wires and some high temp goop is all it takes to remove/replace it. But I have never had to remove mine.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
HTF can a snap disc get dirty?

If it really is a "Snap Disc", then he is full of malarkey (lol) !!

How does the Enviro "see" the fire. An "eye", a disc, etc?

I am off this weekend??? I like beer too? Just sayin.....

In true Pellet Pig fashion...The offer to help comes after I have someone do it!;)

Just kidding Mad Dog, I remember you offering to do the LBT for me months ago.

Are you off every weekend?? This one is kinda booked up, but usually I'm just sitting around drinkin' beer. Let's make this hookup happen!;hm Did I just ask you on a date??

...........I'm just sitting around drinkin' beer. Let's make this hookup happen!;hm Did I just ask you on a date??

I wouldn't call it a date. :) But yeah, this time of year, I am off most weekends.

Your in luck, I like Beer too (Nov 1st Christmas Ale hits the shelf). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.