M55 Cast Install Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RCR

Nov 4, 2012
Finally installed the (new to me floor model stove) myself yesterday ( with the wealth of information read on this site)

First thing I did was to replace the hardwired "heat only" ceiling fire dectector w/ CO2 and heat detector that is adjacent to stove.

As far as I can find in the Enviro manual there is no r value required for hearth pad. Just ember protection (I assume). I used a grey epoxy slab that is used for school science room countertops. Chemical and heat/fire resistant. Actual stone or slate would have been lighter weight LOL but the price was right ... FREE. Not crazy about grey but will replace w/ black in future.

I decided to go with the ICC Excel Pipe and the built in OAK. Nice stuff. No smell of smoke.Install once and done. I did pitch the pipe up and out (per Smokey the bear ). I had constrictions w/ hearth footprint and locations of existing wall studs and I really needed the vent to protrude non wind ward side (left in pic) of house which forced me to have a 45 and a 90. Total I have stove adapter , 45, 90, 12" and the end fitting. I was assured this is OK from stove shop I purchased pipe. No cleanout but i will leaf blower trick and or take apart for cleanings. Another reason I decided to go w/ ICC.

And yes I have this running through a tripp lite surge protector.

As you can see there are no windows to contend with, I am right over 12" from outside corner outside (left to right) and 42" above cement patio with 8" projection from house.

Thinking is if I have issue w/ burn I will add components to become up and out.

It is burning nice w/ somersets. I have a friend w/ a Mag that I will adjust but it seams to be running fine.
View attachment 86192View attachment 86192 2012 007.jpg
Do you guys see any issues ?

Attachments

• 2012 008.jpg
    2012 008.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 167
That vent set up is EXACTLY what I have with my Classic Bay 1200.

Very nice pics. Enjoy :)

Sure is a nice lookin' stove ==c

Sounds like you did your homework.
Nice install.

Keep it clean and it will treat you right.
---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.