M55 Cast ordered!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuznvin

Nov 5, 2011
Long Island
Thanks to kykel, I ordered the Enviro M55 Cast today. Will be installed on the 28th!! Cant wait!! Now to buy some pellets!

congrats vin
I hear Home depot has raised the price of their pellets if your planning to go that route. Look at wood pellets.com also.

kykel said:
congrats vin
I hear Home depot has raised the price of their pellets if your planning to go that route. Look at wood pellets.com also.

Figures. we buy and the price goes up on the stove and pellets...I do have a 10% off coupon from Lowes.. Maybe I can use it for pellets at HD

see what lowes has. And by the way thats par for the course. colder it gets higher the price of pellets IMHO.

Yeah, congrats, Vin.

as for the pellets, they raise the prices now, but then dump them in January and February. It depends how cold winter is. However, don't wait till then to buy this years supply. That is definitely for next year strategy. I have realized that the pellet fuel advantage is storage. As many of the pellet pigs have demonstrated, you can store large amounts of pellets as you find the deals. You can't really do that with oil or gas, unless you lock in the season's price, but you are not really shopping. And with pellet storage you can go much longer.

Will do.. Thanks!!

Nice choice. That's what I would get if I was getting a new one. Last year HD drop there price week before Christmas to 187 a ton

Thanks!.......Cool.. Lets hope they drop it this year!!

cuznvin said:
Thanks to kykel, I ordered the Enviro M55 Cast today. Will be installed on the 28th!! Cant wait!! Now to buy some pellets!

Congratulations on the new stove. With winter just around the corner and oil prices surging, you made a good call. Home Depot did recently raise there prices on pellets to $224 per ton but it is still a very good deal, especially on Long Island. Sign up for the Lowes moving coupon and you can save an additional 10%. I would stock up on a few tons while the supply at HD is reasonably good. Pellet prices on Long Island are very high in general. Check out Craigslist. They want $360 per ton for Okanagan pellets!

Eatonpcat said:
Good for you Cuznvin...I think you will love your new stove! Waiting for pictures!

Thanks! Cant wait for the 28th!

JIBLANE said:
Where did you order it from?

Brick Fix in Center Moriches.

Which one did you get? The insert or freestanding? I wish my floor plan would have allowed a freestanding as they just look sweet. But my insert looks good too. I was at my dealer today and he had a new M55 freestanding running...it sure is nice. Still had the "burn in" smell going.

Oh, see if you can do a pre-burn outdoors first if you can. That way you won't have all that smoke and stink in the house at first.

Nice choice! Please post some pictures once it is installed.

Also, I have noticed that my M55 insert produces a lot less ash with softwood pellets then with hardwood pellets. Both burn just fine and put out good heat though.

JIBLANE said:
I had a feeling that would work out did you deal with Billy? Congradulations

We dealt with Billie, the wife.. Billy wasnt around. We actually had a good time talking to her. She is really nice.

flynfrfun said:
Which one did you get? The insert or freestanding? I wish my floor plan would have allowed a freestanding as they just look sweet. But my insert looks good too. I was at my dealer today and he had a new M55 freestanding running...it sure is nice. Still had the "burn in" smell going.

Oh, see if you can do a pre-burn outdoors first if you can. That way you won't have all that smoke and stink in the house at first.

We got the freestanding. No fireplace, except for the prefab propane fireplace which is a propane hog. If we had a fireplace, I would definitely do the insert.

Ill see if they will do the preburn outside. Good idea.. Thanks..

BradH70 said:
Nice choice! Please post some pictures once it is installed.

Also, I have noticed that my M55 insert produces a lot less ash with softwood pellets then with hardwood pellets. Both burn just fine and put out good heat though.

Will do.. Now the pellet search is on.. Im going to try to check on some prices today...

Status
Not open for further replies.