M55 Cast owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kykel

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2009
long Island
Has anyone had a problem with their heat shield warping. See my pics on( stove cleaning after 61 bags) and (cleaning pics continued)

Kykel, looking at your other post of cleaning pics. That heat shield is upside down. It should be touching the heat tubes in front.
It is a PIA to install correctly sometimes, may be why its warping.

Eatonpcat...yours is an insert? My insert only has a partial baffle on top. It is screwed to the heat exchanger tube scraper. Seems to be quite a bit different from the freestanding models. I wonder which is better? Here is what it looks like on the insert...

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 200
Wachusett said:
Kykel, looking at your other post of cleaning pics. That heat shield is upside down. It should be touching the heat tubes in front.
It is a PIA to install correctly sometimes, may be why its warping.
I dont believe its on upside down but i will check when i get home. There are two tabs that are bent on an angle and if i flip it over the shield will hang way down towards the burn pot.I believe the shield isnt touching the tubes due to it warping and hanging down. It used to be up higher.

flynfrfun said:
Eatonpcat...yours is an insert? My insert only has a partial baffle on top. It is screwed to the heat exchanger tube scraper. Seems to be quite a bit different from the freestanding models. I wonder which is better? Here is what it looks like on the insert...

You are correct...Thanks for clearing that up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.