M55 cast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slick

Nov 25, 2010
Nova Scotia
Me again, it's been 3 weeks now and the repair person that works for the company I bought the stove from is still not here. Needless to say I'm pretty upset. Has anyone had trouble with the vacuum hose being plugged??? Could this be what is the problem with my stove?? I'm tempted to take it apart to see if its the problem. Is it a big job???

We sell M55's and we have seen some come from the factory unplugged or plugged into the wrong slot since they have the air pump for the ignitor, just open the back of the stove and its right there

Checking a vacuum line for blockage is one of the easier maintenance items.

Open it up. Locate vacuum line and disconnect from vac switch. Blow through hose towards stove.

Easy peasy.

is the hose attachment into the stove metered (as in a metered orifice, like a gas burner) or should you just be able to blow out with lung power?

Status
Not open for further replies.