M55 ignition issues?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdavis

Jan 3, 2009
Kent Island
Good Morning -

I 've had my M55 cast FS for about a year now and have been very happy with it. I came down this morning to fire it up and it had issues igniting - it did not ignite after several minutes. I reset the stove (off/on) and it did ignite properly. This is the first time I have had such a situation.

Should I have a spare ignitor in stock?

Hi Shorebilly:
I would suggest to check fuses. If you have a volt meter, check to see if you are getting 120volts @ the ignitor.
You can also go on line & look for a trouble shooting guide. Hope this helps. Please let me know what you found.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Was it feeding pellets normally when you went to start it? If the hopper ran low it might not have had enough pellets initally. Also was there excessive ash in the burnpot blocking the ignighter? I know there is an agitator but there is usually a small amount of ash left in the pot after shut down.

Every once in a great while, my stove will miss an ignition. It's no big deal unless it becomes a regular occurence. Usually what happens is the pellets just happen to be in a bad spot, barely get ignited, then the agitator starts moving them around before they really get going.

flynfrfun said:
Every once in a great while, my stove will miss an ignition. It's no big deal unless it becomes a regular occurence. Usually what happens is the pellets just happen to be in a bad spot, barely get ignited, then the agitator starts moving them around before they really get going.

This has also happened to me, but only once so far. Almost like the agitator put it out before it got burning fully!

I have this issue with most Enviro stoves that we've run in our showrooms. So far in all cases the container the burn pot sits in is getting dirty/full or the ignitor tube has ash sitting in it and does not allow eough heat out to ignite. Quick blast of canned air clears the tube and while it out the burn pot also get a wack or two to clean the holes out

I agree with imacman. I'd say more likely a dirty burnpot or not enough fuel was dumped in.

I own the sister stove and never have issues with start ups. My stove would be like the m55 in regular pellet mode, By any chance are you running premium mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.