M55 insert smoke pattern

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2010
Faulkner, Maryland
Can anyone explain this pattern I'm getting on my stove glass. Is this normal?

Thanks again for the help

Attachments

• smokepattern.jpg
    smokepattern.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 184
Yes the pattern seems normal for the M55 series stoves. Where its clear is were the airwash path is. Where its stained is were the airwash doesn't hit.

How long before you get the stain?

j-takeman said:
Yes the pattern seems normal for the M55 series stoves. Where its clear is were the airwash path is. Where its stained is were the airwash doesn't hit.

How long before you get the stain?

Usually after 4 or 5 bags.

Yep it's normal. I get the same pattern on my M55 cast insert.
Flynfrfun

flynfrfun said:
Flynfrfun

How often are you having to clean your M55 insert. All the instruction manuals give directions for weekly cleaning, but it looks like I'm going to have to at least dump my ashpan more than once a week. I didn't know if it was the pellets I'm using or if that is normal. I've been running mine on Auto / Low 24/7 with the Auto setting on 3.

roadrunnermoore said:
flynfrfun said:
Flynfrfun

How often are you having to clean your M55 insert. All the instruction manuals give directions for weekly cleaning, but it looks like I'm going to have to at least dump my ashpan more than once a week. I didn't know if it was the pellets I'm using or if that is normal. I've been running mine on Auto / Low 24/7 with the Auto setting on 3.

This depends on the ash content of the pellets themselfs. Burn a cleaner pellet you will go longer. Burn an ashy pellet and you will need to dump the ashpan more often!

Status
Not open for further replies.