M55 Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eatonpcat

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2011
Eaton Township, Ohio
Just took out my combustion blower and convection blower to clean...Put them back in and now the problems start. The stove wasn't running properly, so I tried to shut it down, but the power button would not shut it off (Had to unplug the stove to shut it down). The control panel would not let me do anything. i.e. turn up or down or adjust trim. Pulled the stove back out, checked my connections with the wiring diagram and all seems correctly connected. Plugged the stove back in and it came on without me turning the power on, unplugged again and came to you guys for your thoughts/suggestions??

Thanks for any help!

any lights blinking on CB? if the overtemp is tripped you can get the fans running without your consent.

Check the ribbon cable from the daughter card. Make sure its connected properly and that it isn't rubbing the stove chassis. If you notice the ribbon cable has damage(rubbin-chaffing-ect) its most like the issue. Also make sure none of the blower wires are pinched between chassis and blower while your in there.

any lights blinking on CB? if the overtemp is tripped you can get the fans running without your consent.

No blinking lights, the only light is the red light that lights for premium pellet mode. As of now I can't even turn it on. I will check the ribbon cable JT, I notice it rubs on the surround frame when I push it in and pull it out.

Thank You.

I am watching this thread since my stove is acting up as well. I am expecting a new mother board is the fix.

One symptom we both have is no lights on the daughter board. I have none. I check the ribbon etc. the dealer is going to repair motherboard hopefully this week.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Check the ribbon cable from the daughter card. Make sure its connected properly and that it isn't rubbing the stove chassis. If you notice the ribbon cable has damage(rubbin-chaffing-ect) its most like the issue. Also make sure none of the blower wires are pinched between chassis and blower while your in there.

Good call JT, the ribbon cable somehow got disconnected!!

Damn. I was about to come over.

Tomorrow. Because I have been drinking.

Glad its fixed.

Thanks MadDog...You were at the top of my list if I needed help! I have to admit that I was hoping you would be available tomorrow if I ended up needing some help from a pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.