M55 Thermostat Reverting to Setiing 2?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgrz0610

Burning Hunk
Dec 13, 2011
Eastern CT, Andover
So for the last few days I have been running and this thing is trying to make me doubt myself. I get home and the house is a bit cool so I slide open the cover on my M55 insert and see that I am in auto/off mode but the heat setting is on #2 (using thermostat). I bumped it up to 3 which is where I thought I had it originally and off to my other distractions I go. All is well. Leave for work in the am, come home, same thing. Thermostat calling for heat, stove set on #2 in auto mode. Did it change itself or I am missing something with changing the high heat level? Hopefully I'm just being simple and missing a fairly obvious step.

That's what I read in another thread and I am pretty certain the thermostat was calling for heat when I changed it all three times. Thank you for the reply. I'll max out the stat and change the high limit, then put the stat back to how it should be and see what happens.

try powering the stove off and starting over fresh

JGrizz said:
That's what I read in another thread and I am pretty certain the thermostat was calling for heat when I changed it all three times. Thank you for the reply. I'll max out the stat and change the high limit, then put the stat back to how it should be and see what happens.

Make certain the stove is out of start up if this is from a off state.

Thank you guys. I'm not in startup, stat calling for heat, bumped it up to 3. We shall see tomorrow. If not, I'll take the advice of starting over fresh since I'm due for a cleaning tomorrow anyways.

Thanks again for the replies. Nice to know I have someone to ask a dumb question to other than my dealer.

Try going into Manual mode and changing it, then go back into Auto/Off mode and see if it sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.