Made another run today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clemsonfor

Minister of Fire
Dec 15, 2011
Greenwood county, SC
This load is all oak. Trailer is mostly white oak (post oak) and the truckbed is all red i beleive, really just dont remember?

Attachments

• 0116121238.jpg
    0116121238.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 331
  • 0116121238b.jpg
    0116121238b.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 317
My yard is filling up, this is before this load is unloaded. I need to get to splitting and that shed addition done!

Attachments

• 0115121633.jpg
    0115121633.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 279
One more round on that truck and you are going to pop a wheely. hahahah

Thats pretty much how I do it....But I dont let the truck get that low unless Iam very close to home. :coolsmile:

Know that's a load! Looks like nice weather to boot! :)

"Don't mind the mule, load the wagon" :)
Have had several loads with the headlights pointing to the moon.
Drive slow & take the back roads & go slow over bumps ;)
The tool box makes it hard to load much in the truck, can't get much weight forward.
Close to 3/4 cord maybe? (Green oak is around 2-1/2 to 3 ton per cord)
Great pics

And just got back with another trailer full and just a bit in the bed. Almost got all the oak cleaned up, just a few small ones less than 8"s left. Had to ruch and get the goddie before others did.

smokinjay said:
Thats pretty much how I do it....But I dont let the truck get that low unless Iam very close to home. :coolsmile:

I was bout 10 miles which to me is pretty close. Didnt have much travel but roads are not bad i only hit the bumpstops once!

This ranger has tired springs and sags pretty easy. Im more worried aobut the tires than the axle. I will just buy another junk yard 8.8 and throw under there if i need too!

BogyDave, yea your probly right its maybe 3/4 cord. Much of the oak is smaller diameter so not quite as heavy as larger stuff with more heart. The trailer is 8ft x 4ft adn maybe 2.5 tallish and then whats in the truck. I also stuff wood under the 6's or so of toolbox to stuff it full. I wanted more but wasent a tree close to fill the back of the box to the top, but thats probly a good thing.

Man if i had my 1/2ton shortbed i really would have loaded up.

If you have a little extra, drop some off for me! Ya, that is a pretty good load. Pump up the tires a bit and go slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.