Made my first "real" fire tonight.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corners

Oct 10, 2009
Gardner, KS
Made my first "real"(non-break-in) fire in the new Brentwood fireplace tonight. Filled the firebox about half full, and let'er rip. The current situation is, it's 43F outside, the back door is open and I'm sitting on the first floor in my underwear at 78F. How do you turn this thing off??? ;)

I have found as the outside temps get colder through the season theywill draft better and actually get hotter so buy some speedos

the back door is open and I'm sitting on the first floor in my underwear at 78F

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR INSTALL. ;)

Corners said:
Made my first "real"(non-break-in) fire in the new Brentwood fireplace tonight. Filled the firebox about half full, and let'er rip. The current situation is, it's 43F outside, the back door is open and I'm sitting on the first floor in my underwear at 78F. How do you turn this thing off??? ;)

In time you will learn the key is all about the wood . . . how much and what you put into the firebox and how often you reload . . . plus as things get a lot cooler you will come to appreciate the heat.

Congratulations. You now know what wood heat can do! Now if you can get the wife dressed the same, all will be well....but perhaps it would be good to close that door first.

Status
Not open for further replies.