Made progress today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gleblanc1783

Dec 12, 2013
NH
Spent about 9 hours today and managed to get it mostly done. Can take my time now and get some 1x rough cut from the local saw mill and do the (vertical) siding.

Dimensions are 8' x 6' with a standing seam (green) roof.

Should hopefully fit our two cords for this year!

11149587_10204680460631485_3578889581936531706_n.jpg

Good job! Nothing like a good wood shelter!

Standing seam? Impressive :) that's on my house and it was a lot more costly than normal ribbed metal

Perhaps standing seam wasn't the correct description. I thought any metal that was similar was standing seam -- I bought it at Lowe's and it wasn't that expensive so perhaps it's just ribbed metal. :)

forgive the dumb question if it turns out to be but when you build a shed like that on the precast footers is there a significant chance of wind flipping over a near empty or empty shed? been looking to build one that way.
thanks,

Looks great! you will find stacking much easier!

forgive the dumb question if it turns out to be but when you build a shed like that on the precast footers is there a significant chance of wind flipping over a near empty or empty shed? been looking to build one that way.
thanks,
A lot depends on how many surfaces you have left behind for the wind to catch. If you leave behind an open structure the wind will blow right through it but if you try to do too much to prevent rain/snow contaminating your wood you probably create surfaces for the wind to catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.