Made Up My Mind. Pacific Insert. Glad that Parts Over :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
product_pacific_insert.jpg

http://www.pacificenergy.net/product_insert_pacific.php

Full liner, cap, etc. Price is right, and I knew I was talking to someone who wasn't going to steer me wrong. Thanks to all the info on this forum, I'm a happy camper.

The best part is that the heatoltor system should work, to be confirmed when they come to inspect before the order goes thru (IE no $$$ down until they know it works !), which means more heat thrown throughout the house.

3 cords ahead, 3 dead oaks down and 2 of them cut, waiting to be split, 3 more dead oaks to fell. 3 60' oak down 3 weeks, being cut this week, and 3 dead pines to bring down.

We're good :p

You should be nice and cozy this winter, enjoy!

Thanks !!

I have to call tomorrow for the appointment to have them check everything out before it gets ordered.

They figure 3-4 weeks until delivery & install.

Gives me time to extend the hearth area, and refinish the front of the FP :p

Are you saying your plan to put an insert in a prefab metal fireplace? If yes, I wish you luck, and understand some of the newer UL listed prefabs will take an insert. I have a neighbor who has a Heatolator-like and it didn't pass inspection for an insert. He's thinking about pulling the prefab.

What's wrong with the good idea Heatolator had long ago? With tight fitting doors doesn't a heatolator work a lot like an airtight insert?

No, Jerry, I'm not. I knew the lingo would be confusing. Sorry.

It's a masonary FP, with a passive heatolator sytem built in. Fp has to be 50 years old, but it's still solid, and everything but the damper works :p
IMG_0034.jpg

Shot of hearth area
27ruthlane.jpg

12" tiles, need to be 18", and refinshed, to get rid of the spaces around the heat grates. Sand & repaint those, too. Going to look at tile/whatever at Home Boy Depot tomorrow night :p

Got ya, you'll have a stainless steel liner in a masonry chimney, which is what I have. It does appear you have an interior chimney, so you should be able to get by fine without the cost of an insulation on the liner.

The existing heat capture systems looks interesting, the heat registers are what: convection paths, bottom to top for the heat in the masonry due to the fire in the fireplace?

Yep, it's in the middle of the house, which a 2000 SF ranch. It's good :)

That's exactly how the system works. Down, suck up the bad, Up, throw out the good. The thing can crank. But only for the den, which can be 80 when it's 20 outside. The rest of the house, 50 if I'm lucky. Not good.

New windows going in, too. New front door. All the windows & doors are less than 10 years old now. I expect a low, low, oil bill for the apartment heat & OHW.

Shogunjack said:
...50 years old, but it's still solid, and everything but the damper works :p

Sounds about like me when I was 50. But then, that was nearly 10 years ago... :) Rick

How much did that insert run ya, if you don't mind me asking. Look good. 8

The insert was $2091 ($2100 in my book). Plain door, nothing fancy. Liner $695, and the entire install, barring any suprises, is $650.

Intersting part was dragging the SO with me so he could "be involved". Guess who wants a wood stove in his house, now :p

And Rick, we're getting to the non working damper stage these days, ourselves :)

HUm, seems like a good price, no run up yet due to demand. The installation price and liner/top/bottom is about the same as I paid in rual NJ last month. Still, I don't know what PE Insert you're getting, e.g., Summit is a large one. I looked at the link you provided and see the picture, but my poor eyes, mind, and broken damper didn't get the model number somehow.

I assume you also have 7 or 8% sales tax to pay, still you're a bit lower than the "good deal" (lots of negotiations) I got on a Quadrafire 4100-I Insert and installation. I was over $4K with 7% tax.

EDIT: now I get it, I paid a few hundred for the insulation which you don't need with an inside chimney, which is a long one 32' paid for 35' package.

It's the Pacific, Jerry. The exact one in the link & picture above.

I'm happy with the outcome. The leg work paid off, I think :p

nice choice, hell of a good looking stove IMHO, should work out well in a 2K sq ft home , if i didnt do what i do for who i do it for PE very well might top my list, they make a great product. should serve you well for years to come.

Shogunjack said:
It's the Pacific, Jerry. The exact one in the link & picture above.

I'm happy with the outcome. The leg work paid off, I think :p

Sweet deal!! the plant is only 15 klicks away from me and they want the same price. Gotta wonder what the shipping costs would be for that almost 400 pounder? Me thinks, us locals are getting ripped a little, or more than a little? Great product, had my last one for 23 years, just retired it this year. Happy burning.

Thanks, I am not very familiar with the Pacific Energy line and when I saw Pacific I thought "short for Pacific Energy", not the model which is the medium size, the Summit being the large size. I know th Summit line because I was looking at (on paper only) when I was doing my research.

Jerry_NJ said:
Thanks, I am not very familiar with the Pacific Energy line and when I saw Pacific I thought "short for Pacific Energy", not the model which is the medium size, the Summit being the large size. I know th Summit line because I was looking at (on paper only) when I was doing my research.

Still think for that unused fireplace that the princess aka blaze king would be perfect for you. Way less wood burned. but like I said lots of bucks up front. but better economy down the road.

Wow !! Thanks !!

I thought I was getting a good deal, (I research like crazy, took me 3 months to buy a fridge :p). Now I am beyond happy with the whole thing :)

Jerry has an unused fireplace???? :p

Eileen,

Yes, my signature states an unused fireplace.

We have a fireplace in our master bedroom, second floor. The only value it would have is to have a fire in it wile while using the bedroom. We are retirement age, enough said? :cheese:

I"d fire up that bad boy just because I could :)

But, that's me *BFG*

Status
Not open for further replies.