Mag gauge to vac switch line?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pell it

Feeling the Heat
Dec 2, 2011
Rhode Island
Anyone see an issue with temporarily jumpering the vac switch and using the silicone line for a magnehelic gauge connection? I bought a 0-.25 gauge on seabay this morning and I don't see a test port anywhere on the stove.

Another question, if there is no recommended setting in the owners manual, is there a rule of thumb to go by for setting the damper? I did a search but the posts deal with manufacturers recommended settings.

Thanks for the help!

Probably not an issue as its only temporary until you tweak the stove.

Another way is unplug the line from the switch and with a tee and some hose you can temp the gauge in as well. You don't need to jump the switch this way as stve vacuum will still pull it in. Just a thought.

The tee is a good idea. Then I can cap it and have it to use again should I need to.

How about a mag reading to shoot for. Sounds like the .11 to .15 range.

pell it said:
The tee is a good idea. Then I can cap it and have it to use again should I need to.

I didn't see a range in the US manual? Might need to "wing" that!

A friend has an older enviro and left the tee in and added a hose long enough to use the gauge with. He then plugs the hose end up once the stove is set. Coils it up inside the stove body for next time. Removes plug and connects the gauge on the fly.

j-takeman said:
pell it said:

A friend has an older emviro and left the tee in and added a hose long enough to us the gauge with. He then plugs the hose once set. Coils it up inside the stove body for next time. Removes plug and connects the gauge on the fly.
Just noticed you new tag line on your sign about the hour meter....my ecoteck has an hour meter built in....just looked at it, 1891 hrs since the last cleaning....those softwoods treat me nice. Looked at the temp setting too, still pushing 417 degrees F from the heat exchanger too!

smwilliamson said:
j-takeman said:
pell it said:

A friend has an older emviro and left the tee in and added a hose long enough to us the gauge with. He then plugs the hose once set. Coils it up inside the stove body for next time. Removes plug and connects the gauge on the fly.
Just noticed you new tag line on your sign about the hour meter....my ecoteck has an hour meter built in....just looked at it, 1891 hrs since the last cleaning....those softwoods treat me nice. Looked at the temp setting too, still pushing 417 degrees F from the heat exchanger too!

Ahhhh, I just alerted the stove police! That's stove abuse right there! ;-)

Sounds liker the eco is fitting right in with your busy schedule. Nice looking units, Loads of features too! But dealers are pretty scarce here in CT! I have yet to see or hear one up close.

I'm on hour 421 with 25 bags through since my last cleaning. But that's childs play compared to the hours you have. Does it self clean?

j-takeman said:
smwilliamson said:
j-takeman said:
pell it said:

Ahhhh, I just alerted the stove police! That's stove abuse right there! ;-)

Sounds liker the eco is fitting right in with your busy schedule. Nice looking units, Loads of features too! But dealers are pretty scarce here in CT! I have yet to see or hear one up close.

I'm on hour 421 with 25 bags through since my last cleaning. But that's childs play compared to the hours you have. Does it self clean?
Yeah. It has a full speed blow out the burn pot clean feature but I have to do the weekly tray. Nothing else yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.