magnehelic gauge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'm not familiar with your stove but.......

Should be listed in your installation Manual. It was on my Enviro.

I'm not familiar with your stove but.......

Should be listed in your installation Manual. It was on my Enviro.
I found the readings but my magnehelic guage is different then the ones i seen use mine starts at 0 1 2 3 4 5.The ones i seen used online are .02.03 and up guess mine won't work

Mine is a Dwyer Mk II.
It goes from 0-3 Inches of Water Column

http://www.davis.com/Product/Dwyer_...jO29pP62nw_SGdWOA9Xc-KvJYyBhrLvMLJRoClnHw_wcB

I bought mine from a guy on another board that had a bunch of them.
Think it was about $25.00
Was easy to install and works great.
According to my Manual my M55C FS wants .15-.17 Inches of Water Column after running for 1 hour at heat level 5 (Max)
I'm sure you could find something on Ebay or CL that would work.

I have to look for a different one don't lnow if this one would work

Attachments

• 20170115_042617.jpg
    20170115_042617.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 227
I have to look for a different one don't lnow if this one would work
That one is way to high of scale. You need one that will only need to measure under an inch.
I just use a piece of clear tubing with some food coloring in water and a wood ruler. Similar ones are at building centers to measure vacuum of Radon mitigation systems for $25

Radon gauge at Menards is $10. Similar should be found at building
Radon gauge.jpg

supply

Fancy electronic one on Amazon, Flexzion Manometer for $35

Reactions: Jabbers
I'll check them out on mine low is -.05 to -.20 and on high -.35 to -.65
They make all different ones with various scales. Sounds like the 0-1"WC is going to be right for you. It will get a little difficult trying to measure 0.05"WC though. General rule of thumb is you can read the gauge to the nearest half indicated value. So if the gauge has a tick mark every 0.1 then the finest you could read that gauge would be every 0.05 (half the indicated mark). Hope that helps.

Btw, those round Dwyer gauges are nice but they need to be mounted vertically and level/plumb. They are sensitive.

Get the smallest range gauge you can live with. If you readings need to be 1" or less get on 0-1. If it needs to be higher get the size to match what you need.

Reactions: Marshy
Manometer.jpg
Rise HT-1890, several rebadge versions cheap at under $40, easy to use, and ranges that you could use in the garage too.

Ok got a digital manometer now found test point on stove set meter to diff pressure set stove on hi #5 and the highest i can get it is.020

Read your stoves manual if you have one. It should tell you what the proper draft is when operating on high. Your draft seems low to me!

You want to make sure everything is at operating temperature too. No fair taking the measurement right after loading the stove. You should be mid burn with a fully loaded firebox and have the stove on high to make sure the chimney is up to normal temperature.

Well readings on hi are .35 to .65 had it running for 2 hours highest reading i got was .20
I believe what your are saying is the ideal draft is to be between 0.35-0.65 inches of WC but you measured 0.20"WC..?

If so then you have insufficient draft. I'm not expert and know even less about pellet stoves. Someone will be able to help you better than I.

One question. With the gauge unhooked from the stove does it read zero pressure? You just want to make sure its calibrated and reads zero with nothing hooked up.