Magnolia stove owners: I have a few questions/ Any tips?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Magnolia stove from US Stove company. I have been burning it for a few nights now, and the break in burns.

I have been burning chunk wood (you know the stuff you cut off here and there to make your other wood straight) so don't really know what to expect when I get to the regular wood. Does it burn front to back? It seems so but cant tell since I am using chunk wood.

I have figured out how to keep smoke from coming out the door (open it real REAL slow).

Mainly, I just wondered, does anyone have any other tips and tricks for the stove?

Thanks!

I just got a magnolia couple weeks ago from tsc. only burned it a few times so far because its been to warm. i burned some walnut and oak splits and got a nice secondary burn coming from the tubes or baffles. I still had enough hot coals for a fire the next morning after 7 or 8 hours. im not sure if it burns front to back, i was wandering if the glass had the airwash or how would i tell? it had just a little soot after a couple burnings but it wiped off easy with a wet towel. it is supposed to get colder this weekend hear so i will get to try it again. this is my first stove and im very happy with it so far, install was easy, i used simson duratech & thru the roof kit, this site was very helpful with all the information i read on hear it gave me the cofidence to do it myself.

The Magnolia is a standard non-cat re-burn stove. Primary air comes from under the door in the front and from the airwash at the top of the glass so it burns front to back.

Skillit, you are not the only one that got the courage :bug: of a self install from this site. I didn't buy a Magnolia but mine was inspected today and all is good :coolsmile: .

Status
Not open for further replies.