Magnum 3500 info needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Watcher1

Burning Hunk
Sep 11, 2014
Ironton WI
So stove is running well on the new cast iron clinker pot, BUT , on number 4 it over heated with my dry corn. Caught it time I think. Thing is the room air fan quit and I think the auger was still going? The room air fan came back on when I put/ pointed another fan at the side with the snap switches after I opened the side panel. Believe it or not as I am typing this the auger just jammed and the whole thing is going around in circles LOL well I guess I better fix that now.

The snap switch should have shut the auger down and kept the room fan going. The room fans I have are fasco and can be oiled. Common problem when the fan slows because of dirty fan and or the motor slowing from dry bearing.
Sounds like your corn is very dry and your getting good heat from it. Try run all your corn over a 1/2 inch hardware cloth to keep rocks and cob from plugging things up. I used to sell a box that sat on the hopper top that had the screen in it to prevent problems.

The snap switch should have shut the auger down and kept the room fan going. The room fans I have are fasco and can be oiled. Common problem when the fan slows because of dirty fan and or the motor slowing from dry bearing.
Sounds like your corn is very dry and your getting good heat from it. Try run all your corn over a 1/2 inch hardware cloth to keep rocks and cob from plugging things up. I used to sell a box that sat on the hopper top that had the screen in it to prevent problems.
Hardware store and back 2 times, it was a nail fell off my cleaning bench I guess.

The gears in those auger assemblies are plastic:( I think you know where I am trying to point to.

Going to be a long cold winter and I hope it hangs together:)

Status
Not open for further replies.