Magnum Baby Countryside tipped over! need auger help ASAP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akthor

Sep 14, 2012
Verona Island, Maine
So I bought a baby countryside used. My stupid friend picked it up for me since I don't have a truck. When driving home he forgot it was in the back of his truck and made a sharp turn like an idiot and my stove tipped over onto it's side. This broke the window in the door of the stove.

A local place can cut me a new window but before I spend the $80 I want to be sure nothing else is damaged. I can plug the stove in and when I push the on button while the control switch is on manual it sounds like a fan starts blowing. I do not see the auger moving tho. I tried holding the auger button down like it says in the manual for priming the stove but still no auger movement.

I can wiggle the auger motor back and forth which wiggles the auger so I don't think there is a jam.

Without a fire going what can I do to check the functionality of the stove and the electronics in the stove?

I am going to get the new glass today in a few hours but I want to know the stove is ok first.

Thanks for any help.

The stove has a safety and will need the glass to make vacuum before the control will allow the auger to turn. You can jump the vacuum switch to test it. Please be careful and don't run this unit indoors without the glass!

Hello

I offer a 10% discount to help hearth members if you need any Magnum Stove parts. Just do a conversation with me if you need any.

Also check other threads on the BabyCountrySide. There is available a higher CFM exhaust blower which helps prevent hopper fires as this stove is prone to.

As j-takeman said, the glass needs to be in and door closed. The stove must sense vacuum before the auger will turn and feed any fuel. The blower you heard was the combustion blower.

As Don said, search Baby Countryside here at the top of the page. This stove burns well, after the correct parts are installed.

If the stove is used, it more than likely has the Low CFM blower and possibly the corn pot (corn pot is stainless and pellet pot is cast). Upgrading to the Cast pot and High CFM combustion blower is ideal, but there are mods out there to just use what you have. A search will turn those up.

My buddy has one and loves it (Now). When he bought his NEW, it wouldn't burn for more than 6-8 hrs without needing to use a Spoon and empty some pellets out of the pot. The low air flow through the pot, causes a pellet build up and incomplete combustion.

Welcome to the Forums

thx guys, I have another thread about my stove so I have learned alot about the stove. Got the glass guy cut me a deal only $70. Hope to get the mods done and the stove installed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.