magnum baby countryside

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pops

Feb 5, 2009
southern mas
pellets keep building up in firepot they don't burn to ash some black not completly burned up . someone said disconect the air feed tried that didn't help.I have 2 three ft secetions of pipe 3 ft throughwall with another 3 ft section beyond . any suggestion

clean - clean firepot scrap it all down - all pipes etc possible adjust air (increase ?) review the manual and as someone told me -- review it again LOL -- I had an issue with the auger not turning in my lenox montage(sic) and after the second read I was golden (so far ) and

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/13422/

Pops, I have the same stove. I can see this same issue if my intake air damper is closed down too much. You need good airflow to burn the pellets. How long has the stove been used? Could it be dirty? How about the pellets? Could they be damp?

Chandler

stove has been cleaned all pipes cleaned tried pellets called blaze made no differnce. pellets still not burning up to ash. with the damre wide open pellets burn but not completly.

I know that for the pellets to burn, they need air. That's what the combustion blower does. Turn the blower off, and the pellets go out. Restrict the air and they burn slower. It has to be something with the airflow. Could the blower itself be dirty? I've seen pictures on this site of some very dirty squirrel cages.

Chandler

Status
Not open for further replies.