Magnum Countryside 3500P auger motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

3500P

Jan 30, 2013
I have a Magnum Countryside 3500P and just purchased an auger motor. When I bought the stove brand new 13 months ago the auger motor was bad and was sent a new one free of charge. Are these motors a problem and is there a site that sells them where I don't have to pay $130 shipped from AES website? I did a search on this site and found some links but they no longer sell a replacement motor and I searched the net but couldn't find a replacement.

Thanks in advance

Typically the gearmotor assembly will last I have found over half dozen years. Now they started going Chicheesy I heard and ran into some of the normal import quality problems. AES stoves on CL in MN go for around 400. Add some good grease to that gearbox and keep an eye on anything that may jamb the auger and rip the plastic gears.

Thanks for the info. I took the gearbox cover off of the previous motors and the gears seem great as when I turn the fan the drive shaft and gears spin(not stripped) and vice versa when the shaft is spun. SEEMS(could be wrong) that it's electrical but either way I'm gonna have a backup ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.