Magnum CountrySide auger running constantly!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I was testing the stove. I shut it off and then back on to set to on heat level 1. That is when it went flakey! The auger started running continuously no mater what heat level it was set to! I am a little frustrated! Stove was on a surge protector and a nice sunny cool day outside the shed!
Auger keeps running and Auger does not stop running!

I put a new control panel in it and it works fine!

So what is wrong with this control panel? See pics below. The fuse is good.
The jumper is on the T-Stat connections.

I know greatwhitehunter had the same problem and he replaced items on his control board in post #10 to resolve it. >> https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...wont-shut-off-clear-control-box.103929/page-2

So I would like to know which components on the control board to replace?

Attachments

• IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0741.JPG
    IMG_0741.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_0740.JPG
    IMG_0740.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 353
We'd need to see the other side of the circuit board where the goodies are. Could be a timer or a stuck triac? Only guessing for now.

No schematics on these to reference. So you'll need to trace out the circuit and tell us whats in line with the auger controlling it.

Hello Jay

I took it apart and the green LED system light broke! Oh Well Atleast if we see the auger on and always turning constantly we know the control panel is broke!

Here is a pic of the goodie sde.
Copyright 2006
Ortech Controls
Seatle WA USA
94-0
Assy
200-0056-02
94V-0

Controller Chip in center of board between Pos says "004 v2.00" on sticker

Attachments

• MagnumCountrySideControlPanel.JPG
    MagnumCountrySideControlPanel.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 412
Is the top heat switch a rheastat or selector switch?

It is a rotary switch. Selector type why?

When I switched it to OFF the auger still kept running. Could it be just a bad (Open) rotary switch?

Rheastat may have assisted a timer to control the auger. Selector switch is probably using the program on the micro controller(chip).

I would say its most likely one of the triacs See pic!

Triacs are in black. White blocks are the optical relays. You most likely have a stuck triac. You'll need to trace out which one is for the auger motor control.

Thanks Jay
Getting board schematics is not easy.
I am just glad I had a new control board in my parts inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.