Magnum Countryside pedestal and insert, same unit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huntingbuck101

Apr 8, 2008
Northern MN
I was looking at a new Country side insert the other day, and then I found a used pedestal model. are they the same unit? just the insert one comes with a shroud? the guy that has it said it has 2 hopper doors one in the front and one in back so it sound like it would work.

They have had a number of models over the years - at first thought, I doubt they are exactly the same...although most inserts are based on the same general internal designs as a stove. But there are other factors such as the control panel mounting, the panel mounting, etc.

Maybe you could download some of the owners manuals from the site to determine if, at least, they seem very closely related.

Status
Not open for further replies.