Maine Choice Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
At $249 a ton & great heat & low ash i won't be going back to Maine Wood Pellets from Athens no matter how low a price. I got traded a new batch from Athens & they still had way to much ash compared to the 3 other brands i burned in the last 2 years. Dave Carr from Athens said they would always be a lot of ash cause of the wood products they use (bark) . I was lucky enuff to find a nearby dealer who is just starting up & selling Maine Choice Pellets at a great price & reasonable delivery fee ($10 a ton) . Muss

I'm trying to find some Maine Choice in the Augusta area for a decent price. Lowes has them but close to $300 a ton, I tried to get them to match Home Depots deal but they wouldn't. I'm starting to not like that store. A friend got me a couple bags this spring and they seemed to be pretty darn good pellets, I also want to support Maine business and if I can find some at a fair price nearby, I'll buy a couple tons.

Try Ecoteck on Main Ave in Farmingdale. I believe that they were going to carry Maine Choice. Also Springbrook Ice and Oil in Waterville may have them.

I am hoping that the 3+ tons in the garage burn as well as the 3 bags I tried. If so, I am happy to pay more for the warmth of pellet heat compared to oil and even happier to keep my money in Maine.

Status
Not open for further replies.