maine dealer 150 stoves on order

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

medan

Apr 26, 2008
corinna maine
The local news just did a story about pellet stoves. One of the local dealers has 150 stoves on order here in Maine. If I had a pellet stove and lived in Maine I would make sure I had my pellets in the garage soon. Dan

BrotherBart said:

Lol. Major typo on that page:

"Parks said that, as of June 13, Fabian was selling heating oil at $469.90 a gallon
on a pre-buy, and $474.90 street price. Not a good situation, he acknowledged."
"It's 85 degrees out and oil is $474.90," he said. "This is not good. We need government regulation."

When I ordered my pellet stove 2 weeks ago, the dealer in Bangor said they had 300 on order. Also the Saturday before I ordered, they sold 58 stoves. Wow! They gauranteed my my stove in 6-8 weeks. It's a Quadra-Fire. I've already bought 3 tons of pellets.

CB1200 said:
When I ordered my pellet stove 2 weeks ago, the dealer in Bangor said they had 300 on order. Also the Saturday before I ordered, they sold 58 stoves. Wow! They gauranteed my my stove in 6-8 weeks. It's a Quadra-Fire. I've already bought 3 tons of pellets.

Where'd you get your pellets?

zeta said:

"Parks said that, as of June 13, Fabian was selling heating oil at $469.90 a gallon
"It's 85 degrees out and oil is $474.90," he said. "This is not good. We need government regulation."

I wondered who would catch that.

BrotherBart said:
zeta said:

No way we see those prices this year. Next year, maybe. :)

There is no way that the manufacturers can keep up with this pace. There are going to be some PO'd people showing up here this fall.

And even if the stoves were to magically appear there is no way in hell that sufficient installation crews will be available. And then we have the pellet supply and then we have the piping supply and then we have...

I bought pellets at Lowe's. Greene Team $223.50 a ton. I went to get more and now they are $268. 00 a ton. I'll be buying the next ones at Dysarts. I was going to buy Corinth pellets but the stove dealer told me to stay away from them, so I decided not to take the chance.

BrotherBart said:
There is no way that the manufacturers can keep up with this pace. There are going to be some PO'd people showing up here this fall.
And even if the stoves were to magically appear there is no way in hell that sufficient installation crews will be available. And then we have the pellet supply and then we have the piping supply and then we have...

Another question is this - what happens when the stoves break down? There are many examples in the last few years of certain manufacturing defects....as well as regular service to folks who don't clean the stoves right, etc.

Not a big problem as long as folks are prepared to wait a number of weeks for service - but make certain that there is oil in the tank!

CB1200 said:

Bought mine in Bangor Thursday, CB1200 promised in 8 weeks. I also have 3 ton of Energex. I could have wrote that post LOL.

gw2kpro said:
BrotherBart said:
zeta said:

My friend just got an oil fill 1 week ago and it was $5.00 gallon so yes we are seeing those priced already. We do need government regulation!!

gw2kpro said:
BrotherBart said:
zeta said:

LOL I missed that and thought it was 4.74 a gallon ...hahhah $474.00 lol

modemgirl said:
gw2kpro said:
BrotherBart said:
zeta said:

My friend just got an oil fill 1 week ago and it was $5.00 gallon so yes we are seeing those priced already. We do need government regulation!!

Please explain how the US goverment will regulate this when the oil futures market is 90% outside the US control??? Or are you inferring the distributor, oil refinery and the oil co are ripping you off when they are paying at 130$+ a barrel???

" Please explain how the US goverment will regulate this when the oil futures market is 90% outside the US control??? Or are you inferring the distributor, oil refinery and the oil co are ripping you off when they are paying at 130$+ a barrel???[/quote]

Excatly ! And lets not forget CHINDIA demand factor,the fact that 80% of the offshore drilling is off limits and the last refinery built in this country was in 1973 !

Peak oil guys its here.
http://www.theviewfromthepeak.net/

The last thing we need is more goverment regulation they have done enough damage,

mlwschultz said:
The article said that the $474.90 was
for a 100 gallon delivery, it's not a per gallon price.

Where does it say that?

I copied and pasted this exactly from the article dude.

Parks said that, as of June 13, Fabian was selling heating
oil at $469.90 a gallon
on a pre-buy, and $474.90 street price.

TurboZ said:
Please explain how the US goverment will regulate this when the oil futures market is 90% outside the US control??? Or are you inferring the distributor, oil refinery and the oil co are ripping you off when they are paying at 130$+ a barrel???

Heck, that's easy - buy some milk, the price is regulated. So is your electricity and even the NG you buy!

I will explain it fully. When oil is removed from land that YOU and I own (Federal land) , we have the right to sell it to whoever we want at any price we want. If our government cared about lower prices, we could today allow 1/2 of the strategic reserve to be sold at the exact price the government paid for it (well less than now) with the caveat that it must be sold ONLY for American delivery.

Turbo, your argument does not make sense in this way - on one hand you are saying we should drill-drill-drill to lower the price and assure American supply and lower prices. On the other hand, you are coming out against having price controls on it, and telling us we should sell it to world markets at the highest possible price.

Those two together don't make sense, unless your sole purpose is to make more profits for an oil company!

A LOT of things, from wages to milk to energy, are regulated within this country! We have the full right to do so, and Europe can sell milk for different prices. So the question actually becomes one of whether you think that YOUR oil and resources should be sold to the highest bidder anywhere in the world, or if you - being a tax paying and natural citizen, deserve a break on your own oil!

First I hate to dissagree with ya but,
I have traded oil/nat gas and othe stocks for many years and telling a driller,refiner or E&P;company that they will work for less,much less, then what the world market offers is not a viable option.Oil is traded every day on the world market,drilling rigs are leased well in advance and dayrates are double where they where a year ago.DO(Deep water driller) just signed a contract with PBR(petrobraz) at record rates,why in the world would they workd for less?Would you work for less?Would youy expect a energy comapny that your hold shares in to accept less?we are a free market country and last I looked no hammer and syckle on the flag.Capitolism is why we are so sucessfulll and free markets create allow it to work

The very last thing we need is more regulation in the oil markets.The gov has regulated us into this mess by not allowing oil/nat drilling,nuclear,clean coal and other source of energy avail to us here in the states and now China dna India will be buying and controlling more of whats left.
One other point we have 155 days in the SPR and will need it when the bombs drop on Iran.They will shut donw the straits of Hormuz and the price will double over night.
we have reached peak oil and its time to drill here,and drill NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.