Maine Legislature on pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silvermander

Jan 14, 2009
Winthrop, Maine
My boyfriend works at the state house and told me that they're looking at some new legislation for proper wording on pellet bags that come out of Maine.

This has come about due to the problems with Athens this past year.

Here is a link to everyone involved in the legislation if you'd like to email/weigh in on the topic -
http://www.maine.gov/legis/house/jt_com/nat.htm

I know there's a number of Maine-iacs here, so I thought I'd let you know what's up with pellets and legislation.

Thanks for the heads up. Guess we will need to wait to see what the text of the bill comes out to (If it ever gets that far).

It probably also has to do with the changes corinth made this year. A lot of people around here still think they are the best pellets in the area because they were so good last year not realizing they changed the materials/process to make them cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.