Maine Oil Prices!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lessoil

Minister of Fire
May 31, 2008
Western Maine
Have seen a .20/gal increase in the last 2 weeks.
How about you?

About the same increase in NH

Happy to say I don't have to worry about the price of home heating oil, but I've been watching gas and diesel fuel going up, so I knew that had to be going up. My first house was oil heat, so glad this one isn't, it's gas which can still get costly, but with our new corn stove, we're going to be taking a bite out of that this year and be a whole lot more comfortable in the process.

I haven't had to worry about dino juice since "94". I don't miss that yo-yo. I have seen pellets jump around $15.00/ton locally so far. With gas on the rise, We may see more to come?

Big oil still has a ring in my nose when I drive my truck, but at least they won't be reaching in my pocket while I am heating my home for the next burning season. You have to be on your toes to buy oil at the best price. I guess it is no surprise that as the price of oil goes, so goes the price of pellets. They are going to get what the traffic will bear, just the way it is. Shy of owning your own woodlot, about the only other things you can do to control cost is to limit need through such things as improved insulation, or various methods of solar gain, or now even with the new wind mills. I'm not really sure about the wind mills. I have a friend who owns one. It has been in place for two years. While he says he likes it, he hasn't admitted to having a pay back. My biggest gain in reducing need was through improved insulation. Pay back is huge and keeps giving back year after year, both in the heating and cooling seasons.

Oil prices will rise this time of year..... Got 550 gallons of hho and 7 or 8 tons of Barefoot all paid in full.... Bring it on...... I'm ready.....

WOW, with that much fuel, you must be in northern NJ.

Will not burn it all.... I just like overkill.....

This is what I wrote last month ....

nailed_nailer said:
I will burn pellets this year

For a few reasons.......
It's just me and the dog in here,
Oil is currently $2.52 a gallon,
Propane is $3.08 a gallon + $7.00 (Regulatory charge and Transport Fuel Charge) that is directly off last months delivery bill.
I like the stove running in the living room,
Being a "Man of Girth" I can use all the physical activity I can get (hauling 4 tons of pellets into basement does me good)

Go with what makes you feel better.

---Nailer---

Today the price is $2.79 for HHO delivered.

About a quarter a gallon change in a month. Glad I have pellets in the basement. :)

---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.