Maine pellet dealer 199 a ton delivered and stacked for you

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is $209 ton delivered this month. You can also pick it up directly from his place for less.

That is Steve Barker, I purchased 5 ton from him in December of last year.

I just took delivery of 3 tons of MWP on March 4th. I ordered when the price was $199 (Feb 27)
Great guy, he has a flatbed trailer now so he doesnt have to unload by hand.

BTW, the new MWP have WAY less ash than the Maine Choice i was burning!!

Even at $209 delivered, that is a steal.

I've bought a total of 6 tons from him in 3 separate purchases. Every time the product is consistently good. He really works hard getting whatever he might profit from it. He has been able to offer very good prices for several months. That should be very telling about what is possible. I am thinking this whole pellet industry will be leaning toward the pellet boiler and bulk delivery. The cost ratio to oil is too impressive to ignore. What I have been looking for sings of stability in the industry as a whole. Not sure which way it will be done, but it looks like the North East is moving away from oil. Natural gas in moving in to areas where there is high demand.(i.e.) Bath Iron Works. Schools and office buildings) Much of the North East is just too rural for pipelines to go homes. Propane is nearly as expensive as electricity. Looks like biomass (wood and pellets) is the best alternate.

Harman Lover 007 said:
That article ran in December 2010. I doubt he does it for that now.

oops did not see the date

save$ said:
I've bought a total of 6 tons from him in 3 separate purchases. Every time the product is consistently good. He really works hard getting whatever he might profit from it. He has been able to offer very good prices for several months. That should be very telling about what is possible. I am thinking this whole pellet industry will be leaning toward the pellet boiler and bulk delivery. The cost ratio to oil is too impressive to ignore. What I have been looking for sings of stability in the industry as a whole. Not sure which way it will be done, but it looks like the North East is moving away from oil. Natural gas in moving in to areas where there is high demand.(i.e.) Bath Iron Works. Schools and office buildings) Much of the North East is just too rural for pipelines to go homes. Propane is nearly as expensive as electricity. Looks like biomass (wood and pellets) is the best alternate.

what a pig.... :coolsmile:

geek said:
save$ said:

what a pig.... :coolsmile:

Takes one to know one! :) hehe!

save$ you should apply for pig status! :cheese:

save$ you should apply for pig status! :cheese:[/quote]

Actually, I was told I was a pellet pig back when the term was first coined. I had my 6 tons of pellets in my signature at that time. I have that wood burner's mentality that was we always got our wood in one burning season ahead. For a wood burner, it was the only way you could have dry wood. For a pellet burner, it is the best defense to keep away from being caught in the oil price influences. So for this little piggy, it is oink, oink, oink, all the way home! ;-)

Thanks for sharing the article.
Sounds like Steve Barker is well on his way
to a lucrative business. Wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.