Maine Wood Pellets at $199 delivered

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:
SparkyDog said:
j-takeman said:
People are saying they have seen 4 to 5 different bags out there. Maybe trying to confuse us?? IDK. I hope they burn nice though!

If not you can use them like i did...to keep the sidewalk out front from becoming slippery...they are more 'green" than rock salt.

I would not waste the newest batch of MWP for that. To good IMO. I am sure you could find some ACP's or other junk pellet! ;-P

IIRC there was this pellet plant down in Massachusetts that could provide what SparkyDog needs for his ice control, what's that you say ....

Do you mean the one in Taunton MA? :)

j-takeman said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:
SparkyDog said:
j-takeman said:
People are saying they have seen 4 to 5 different bags out there. Maybe trying to confuse us?? IDK. I hope they burn nice though!

If not you can use them like i did...to keep the sidewalk out front from becoming slippery...they are more 'green" than rock salt.

I would not waste the newest batch of MWP for that. To good IMO. I am sure you could find some ACP's or other junk pellet! ;-P

IIRC there was this pellet plant down in Massachusetts that could provide what SparkyDog needs for his ice control, what's that you say ....

In one of those places, seems they couldn't provide what was ordered (start up issues, fires, etc...) and then didn't want to give back the money. You know all that hot air, sure would keep SparkyDog's drive and walkways clear of ice and snow.

There's probably another one trying the same thing this year that we haven't heard about yet ;-).

I wouldn't mind hearing some of the other peoples experience with the MaineWoods pellets. Just to get a feel for how my review stands up. Honestly though the mob would be beating on the door per say! But I am glad there not! :)

I'll be keeping an eye out for them this spring. Hopefully the early season buy is like this seasons. :) MWP anyone?

j-takeman said:
I wouldn't mind hearing some of the other peoples experience with the MaineWoods pellets. Just to get a feel for how my review stands up. Honestly though the mob would be beating on the door per say! But I am glad there not! :)

I'll be keeping an eye out for them this spring. Hopefully the early season buy is like this seasons. :) MWP anyone?

We are very pleased with the MWP.
Have burned maybe 1/3 ton and have about 3" of ash in the pan.
We should be able to go through a ton before the pan needs to be emptied!
The heat output seems good also.

We burned 4 tons of their pellets the Winter of 08-09 when there were issues with their product.
Looks like they fixed them. A high quality product at a good price. $199/ton

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/58575/P22/
based on what I have posted about in this thread (see #18 and #24 for pictures) I am not impressed with MWP, I will buy them again if the price is cheaper than other brands but if I can get MCP or NEWP for close to the same price I don't think I will buy MWP again. sorry to be the skunk at the picnic but that is my opinion.

rowerwet said:
based on what I have posted about in this thread (see #18 and #24 for pictures) I am not impressed with MWP, I will buy them again if the price is cheaper than other brands but if I can get MCP or NEWP for close to the same price I don't think I will buy MWP again. sorry to be the skunk at the picnic but that is my opinion.

Have you purchased or seen the quality of the NEWP this year? I'm not sure, but I don't remember them looking the way they do this year. Also, I don't remember being able to crumble them easily between my fingers. I am referring to the ones I have seen in clear bags.

I have three tons of NEWP in the brown bag, from the thread linked you can see how they burned compared to MWP, I am mixing my MWP 3 tons, NEWP 3 tons, and FF 2 tons, in the hopper as I find the quality of MWP and FF to be lousy.
Last year I had lots of problems with the hopper funneling out, making a steep sided cone right over the feed auger and leaving the rest of the hopper alone, wasting the advantage of my OPB, the 11 bag or so hopper. That was with only MWP, this year the NEWP seem to keep almost the whole hopper feeding into the auger.

SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:
SparkyDog said:
j-takeman" date="1289639013 said:

In one of those places, seems they couldn't provide what was ordered (start up issues, fires, etc...) and then didn't want to give back the money. You know all that hot air, sure would keep SparkyDog's drive and walkways clear of ice and snow.

There's probably another one trying the same thing this year that we haven't heard about yet ;-).

I think he is talking about the place in Fitchburg. You all might have talked about it already, but a guy died there over the summer trying to fix some equipment. Not sure what their current state is but one can only hope they are shuttered for good after that.

rowerwet said:

Better to hear all voiced opinions of them. So I smell no skunk! :)

kevinwburke said:
Tried a bag from Lowes this weekend.....burned great for me (unscientific)...not cheap here in Central ma but better than the pellets I burned last year.

Maine Woods or Maine's Choice? Which Lowes? I only saw the latter at Lowes on Lincoln St, Worcester.

Going to try some Potomacs now.....

I have burned 5 bags of the Maine Woods pellets and I love them. I purchased 2 tons so far.
The tecture of these remind me of the Rocky Mountain Pellets. The were rough on the edges and didn't slide down into the hopper well.
The sizes are your typical 1/2-3/4 range,with the occasional 1 incher.
I think the heat output is quite hot too. Plus the pellets burn very clean.
These pellets are worth $199 a ton. If you can get some of these, then get some.

Yeah Man !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.