Maine Wood Products

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D-pellet

Dec 30, 2008
Western ME
I've seen a lot of messages about Maine Wood Products and their pellet issues. I just had 3 ton replaced yesterday and tried 10 bags before I gave them the go ahead. Things are burning better. The ash content still seems high. I give my pellet stove a quick cleaning (ash dump) every third day or so.

The pellets are lighter in color.....anything is lighter than black. They also feel different while handling the bag. The old ones almost had a "clumpy" feel. The new ones feel like a big bean bag.

It was a tough first ton, especially for a first time user but after trying some bags from Lowe's and Home Depot I told Maine Woods how bad it'd been going and they replaced the pellets fairly promptly.

Would I buy from them again.....??

Status
Not open for further replies.