Maine Woods Blend vs Easy Blaze

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakkxx

Nov 27, 2012
Bethlehem, CT
Long time lurker and a newbie to pellet stoves just chiming in. Had a CB1200i put in a few months back and just sharing some thoughts.

This is my first month or so burning pellets, so I really have no reference. Have an 1800 sq/ft cape with the stove in the middle of the floor plan. Figured I might get away with just burning pellets for the whole house. So far, with a couple strategically placed fans, its been great. Consistent 67-71 downstairs (depending on the room) and 67 upstairs. Going through maybe 1 to 1.5 bags a day. Moving on...

I bought 2 ton of MWP blend and 2 ton of Easy Blaze. The softies are by far a nicer pellet. Better heat, less than half the ash, and glass stays cleaner as well. Also for some strange reason, the MWP like to bridge themselves badly along the sides of the hopper. Cant quite figure it. Sometimes, Ill get up at night and the stove will be off, yet I still have half a bag of pellets stuck to the sides. The EB's have no such problem. Guess Ill limp though the season with them.

All in all, very happy with my purchase, and I haven't burned a drop of oil yet. Which is a nice bonus.

Never heard of EB, where ya at? Tried waxing the sides of the hopper for bridging? Seems to help for some.

If the stove is new, bridging is a common problem. I even sanded the inside of the hopper when I bought my Englander.

I'm burning the EB's now and find them to be one of the 'better' pellets in terms of sliding in the hopper. The MWP are probably 'average' in their stickiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.