Maine Woods Pellets -Softwood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LMPS

Feeling the Heat
Dec 12, 2010
Coastal, Maine
After reading several posts about Maine Woods Pellets Co producing a softwood pellet, I decided to email them to find out what was happening with this as I could not find any to try. Here is the response:

"We did a run of Softwood pellets last Spring. They were a hit and we are all sold out. We hope to do another run this Spring. The consumer can not purchase the softwood pellet direct when we have them. You will have to go through one of our distributors. They tested out at a super premium grade. To honest with you our Hardwood blend tests out about the same. We sell them at a premium grade however."

Hopefully, I can find some to give a try in the spring.

I burned 2 tons of the MWP 100% softwood between my EF3 and Mini this season. They burned as hot as the Vermont's with minimal ash (could go 7 days on EF3 and 9 on Mini between cleanings). The only other softwoods I have tried that was hotter were Okies and La Crete. I would get them again as they were much cheaper than the softwoods from western Canada, plus hardly any fines/dust and I like supporting New England manufacturers.

Great, they said that SIB (Wood Pellet Warehouse) should have them in the spring assuming they produce them.

I've burned LG, Okanagan, Dry creek, Spruce point, and a few others (names elude me), and i'd say that the Maine woods were one of my favorites..could not find them last fall, so i'm burning Spruce point....no complaints there either......

Hope they do another run of them. Only could get my hands on 2 ton this year, if I can get 'em I'll get 3 for next year, along with 2 of the blend.

I used them as a "shoulder pellet " this year. My bags seemed to have more dust/fines than other brands other than that I'm happy with them.

CTPaul are you using the 100% "Softwood" or the mixed Hardwood/Softwood? I have used the mixed for two years (the bag has the cabin on it) as shoulder pellets and like them. What they are talking about producing again in the spring is the 100% softwood pellet.

LMPS said:
CTPaul are you using the 100% "Softwood" or the mixed Hardwood/Softwood? I have used the mixed for two years (the bag has the cabin on it) as shoulder pellets and like them. What they are talking about producing again in the spring is the 100% softwood pellet.

Them city folk seem to like burnin' one or two pellets at a time, and any ash is too much. Kinda like my wife, if we burned wood she'd buy toothpicks at the store.

Have to admit I am transplant from the "city" but I guess that's another subject for another forum....

Anyone know why this thread has been removed from the list under "The Pellet Mill" just went in to look for it and its not there?
Did I do something wrong?

Oh forget it, found it sorry, new to this thing please forgive....rookie mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.