Maine Woods Pellets -Update please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
burnt about 3/4 ton of the new MWP, great pellets other than the 4th day clicker,90% less ash than the brown pellets

over all i am very happy with these pellets this yr.

j00fek said:
burnt about 3/4 ton of the new MWP, great pellets other than the 4th day clicker,90% less ash than the brown pellets

over all i am very happy with these pellets this yr.

Thanks for the feedback.. Ive pretty much decided that MWP is the way I'm gonna go... I just got done burning my 3rd and final bag of Corinth and I don't like how much ash ends up collecting in the burnpot of my XXV. The MWP have a lot more fines but seems to have more heat and for some reason the glass seems to stay cleaner longer. Also, there seems to be less ash in the burnpot after a day of burning although I haven't measured the total ash left in the stove

That said, Corinth are just about the prettiest pellets I've seen and have had very few fines. That may be how they were handled, though.

Interesting comparison I found seems to back up my perceptions in terms of heat and fines, but not ash.

http://www.corinthwoodpellets.com/corinth7.24.09.pdf
http://pelletsnow.com/pelletsnow_test_results/Maine_Woods_Test_Results.pdf

All in all... if ash isn't going to snuff out the flame, I'd rather go for more heat and deal with the fines.

I burned Athens last year and was not to impressed. A lot of ash and some reason alot of clinkers. I haven't tried them this year but I hear they have made some changes. I've got my 3 tons of Energex and I'm happy with them. I almost bought 1 ton of Corinths but I decided I won't commit to a ton of anything until I've burned a few bags....

The dodge should handle the ton just fine especially for that short distance. Last year I hauled a few tons in my v6 Tacoma. Make sure that the pallet is centered in the back of the truck and have them try to push it back as far as they can in the bed; otherwise the ton will cause the truck to shimmy--just take your time and easy on the tuens and you'll be all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.