Maine Woods Pellets vs. NEWP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bales9er

Sep 6, 2013
Hi all, new to the forums here and fairly new to the pellet stove world...quick question to see if anyone has used both brands and/or has any opinions on which is the "better" of the two. I'm currently looking at $225/ton for the Maine Woods vs. $249/ton for the NEWP and would like some help making the decision. Any info would be much appreciated.

Hi all, new to the forums here and fairly new to the pellet stove world...quick question to see if anyone has used both brands and/or has any opinions on which is the "better" of the two. I'm currently looking at $225/ton for the Maine Woods vs. $249/ton for the NEWP and would like some help making the decision. Any info would be much appreciated.
In my experience with NEWP, they were close to atrocious in all aspects. Your mileage may vary. The crud that built up several times per day nearly suffocated the flames, burned very dirty, and with no heat to speak of. They claimed a,BTU range of I believe 7400-8000 but it most definitely ran close to the lower end. Had to clean very often, and for, around $20 more at the time, I got Vermont Softwoods which simply blew the pants off them. In my Harman I literally was able to burn a full ton without emptying the ash pan!

Yeah I burned a ton of NEWP last year and noticed the same things so I really didn't want to go back to them...wish I could get the Vermont for $20 more but they are going for $300/ton around here

never burned NEWP. but in all the time i've been on the forum i can't clearly remember anyone ever saying they liked them.

never burned NEWP. but in all the time i've been on the forum i can't clearly remember anyone ever saying they liked them.

Funny thing is, I've been in parts of Maine where people love them. Figure that one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.