Maine Woods Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowMud

Mar 19, 2013
Maine
I work for a large paving company in Maine, and I was the super on a small job to reclaim and pave route 150 in Athens Maine, right past Linkletters logging / trucking company. The Linkletters own the pellet mill which runs non-stop except for maintenance. At the end of a short day the yardman took me for a tour in the factory. It is pretty cool to see all the large machines at work. And to see the field of hundreds and hundreds of pallets was impressive.

They had one of those robots that stack the pellet bags perfectly on the pallets. They pump out a bag every 3 seconds and the robot seems to almost be bored waiting for more bags. They had a huge pellet boiler they use for their heat, and a pellet BBQ too. Cool place, and the Linkletters are the nicest people ever. They own about 60,000 acres.

I have never burned their pellets, but cool experience, and great people.

Status
Not open for further replies.