Maine's Choice @ Lowe's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

md2002

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2011
United States
I found some Maine's Choice @ Lowe's for $4.19 a bag. I bought the last 8 bags on the floor and will give them a shot. Hopefully they work out. I only have 3 bags of the LeCrete's left and was hoping to make it through April but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I've been burning pellets at night just to get the chill out of the air.

I was glad I found these. Maybe these last 10 bags will get me through April. *fingers crossed*

Good price on those pellets. Hopefully they work out for you. I'm not liking mine at all. They seem to be a fairly easy to find brand in N.E. lately. Keep us posted.

Well, as long as they don't break my stove I think I will be fine. I don't need high heat at this time, I just need some heat to get the chill out of the living room. I don't mind the ashes... the stove literally takes 10 minutes or less to clean. I start it when the commercials start and it's clean and running by the time the show comes back on.

I was thinking they were "Maine Wood Pellets" when I bought them but after going on this forum this morning I realized they were "Maine's Choice".... We'll see. It will interesting to see how the stove reacts to hardwood after burning softwood all season.

Well, as long as they don't break my stove I think I will be fine. I don't need high heat at this time, I just need some heat to get the chill out of the living room. I don't mind the ashes... the stove literally takes 10 minutes or less to clean. I start it when the commercials start and it's clean and running by the time the show comes back on.

I was thinking they were "Maine Wood Pellets" when I bought them but after going on this forum this morning I realized they were "Maine's Choice".... We'll see. It will interesting to see how the stove reacts to hardwood after burning softwood all season.

They'll have plenty of heat but probably considerably more ash. Softwoods are big bucks around here.

I burned a ton of them earlier this year.

Decent heat and just OK ash. Not as bad as some and way worse than others.
I paid $219 a ton for them and was happy. Decent shoulder season (all of 2012-12 :) )pellet.

For the price they should work for you.

---Nailer---

$219.00 was what Lowes had them for but they were out of pallets. I got the last 8 bags...
I topped off the stove with them last night but they never got in the hopper. I imagine tonight they will start to fall in the hopper and I will see how it goes.
I actually felt bad putting these pellets in the stove. My stove has had the good stuff for so long I feel like I'm letting her down with these pellets :)

our lowes are out!

I thought I would update on what I found with the Maine's Choice in case someone does a search (not likely). I've only burned them for a night but so far I find that they have good heat and not to messy. The glass stays pretty clean while burning. It's tough to judge the ash because my ash pan is so small that I clean it out every night, for that reason I don't mind ash. It's only one night but for the price and the heat I get I'm glad I bought these. I'm so glad that I went back today and they had another pallet out on the floor so I picked up 7 more bags to get me through April if needed so I can stop burning the expensive stuff.

IMO the $4.19 a bag price tag is well worth it. I got 13 bags of pellets for $55.00... you can't beat that. I'll continue to burn them and possibly pick up a few more bags if I continue to like them.

For spring temps I think you will do well with them.
Guess that could be called a score! :)

---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.