maintenance on Kozi pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vickid

Jan 24, 2014
pennsylvania
I am interested in finding out if any one can figure out how to perform maintenance on the exhaust fan on the Kozi KSH stove? The manual states to open the left side panel to access the exhaust fan. Using a common screw driver, remove the 6 sheet metal screws holding the fan motor to the housing. Using a brush, clean all ash from the exhaust fan blades and housing. Which sounds easy BUT you cannot open the left side panel the whole way (only 4 inches, IF that) because the damper rod will only extend a few inches. Does anyone know how to access the exhaust fan so I can properly clean it.. I think there is ash build up in the fan because of the very loud humming that is coming from the fan now. Thanks for any help the readers can give me..

Try taking the damper r handle and collar off and pulling the side panel out so that it clears the damper rod? I don't know Kozi's but that is what you do with some older Whitfields.

Manual is not much help as it doesn't even show the damper rod in the schematics... Does it have an actual knob on the end that can be spun off (i.e threaded to rod)? Are there any Kozi dealers local? If all else fails, call Kozi manufacturer on Monday...

Try taking the damper r handle and collar off and pulling the side panel out so that it clears the damper rod? I don't know Kozi's but that is what you do with some older Whitfields.
Yes we were able to get the knob off the damper rod to open the side access.. We cleaned very carefully around the fan including the blades. After everything was clean put it all back together and stared it up.. OMG it sounded worse.. So we are thinking that either we didnt clean the blades good enough and it threw it off balance or... when we put the blower back together we didnt tighten up one of the screw enough and created a torque in the plate and thereby throwing it off balance again..So we are cleaning it again. If this doesnt help we will have to call Kozi tomorrow. None of the pellet service people around here are willing to work on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.