Majestic Chateau 44 glass assembly screw stripped!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

69fbird

Feb 22, 2008
chicago
I have a Majestic Chateau 44 fireplace that has the glass assembly/frame screw stripped! I got the screw out by drilling the head and turning the rest with a visegrip. The nutplate was cross threaded by the installer, which was 2 years ago. I looked for for the replacement part (spring latch assembly) $90.00, but just wondering If this gonna be a pain in the butt to remove, since it is behind all the faceplates and trim. Just seeing If anyone has done this before? I will try to tap the threads first, but just incase it dosnt work I will have to replace it. Any help will be great. Thanks

Get a tread tap and it should work fine. I have done this on cast and steel without problems as long as you are tapping the same size threads. If you need to go up in size make sure you get the right size drill bit to re-drill the hole larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.