Majestic ESF wood insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ALK827

Nov 23, 2023
Colorado
Newbie here, we currently have a majestic ESF fireplace in our home. I am wanting to put a wood burning insert in it. Do you guys recommend doing something like that or no? I am getting mixed reviews in what I read online and here.

IMG_5132.jpeg IMG_5131.jpeg

I definitely would. I can’t tell much about your current fireplace—it looks like maybe it is meant to heat, but it also looks really old. A nice modern insert will give you a much better ambiance and view of the fire than that, and it’ll give you way more heat. We went from an old cruddy fireplace to a ZC (zero clearance) unit, similar to an insert, and it is now our favorite thing about our house and also our primary heat source.